Fishing Lane cove river

Zebra

Hello,

I just moved to Australia and I want to go fishing. Live near Dehli road bridge ( lane cove river ) So I want to asked if you are allowed to fish downstream that bridge or if it is prohibited? Would be great if someone could tell me.

Thanks

Hello,

I just moved to Australia and I want to go fishing. Live near Dehli road bridge ( lane cove river ) So I want to asked if you are allowed to fish downstream that bridge or if it is prohibited? Would be great if someone could tell me.

Thanks

You can fish there but its alot shallower than it looks and I havnt noticed any decent land based spots there. If your land based try around burns bay road area cunninghams reach, or by boat pretty much anywhere. There can be good bream, whiting and estuary perch caught there sometimes. That said, i have found it to be a little hit nd miss- Then again i guess i dont fish it as often as i do my local waterways.

Good luck!

Musty

You can fish there (but you're over 16 you need a fishing license to fish in NSW). Try directly under the bridge and target the pylons, there's a set of old sandstone steps leading to the water. I used to fish there often and would get bream and flathead on plastics and HBs (but mostly in summer). You can walk for kilometers downstream along the bush tracks and fish gaps in the trees but the area is snaggy so you will lose some jigheads. You cannot fish too close to the weir in the park. There are signs on the bank indicating the limit of fishing. I was told this is to help protect the remnant population of bass which may be queuing up for the fish ladder. I think its more to protect the tourists from fishooks.

Jeff