Tweed Ambers

browndog2

G,day Raiders

Went for a bash on Tuesday, and bashed we got. Started out with JH and good mate Dave on board heading through the bar on a gentle westerly with bugger all swell [not for the crusher anyway].

Since it was close to the bottom of the tide it made getting yakkas very difficult only getting about a dozen in an hour, mainly due to tailer ripping the the rigs apart.

So armed with the few baits we had we headed to the 5min mark we hit a week ago [129cm 125cm kings]. Well what happened next was unbelievable. JH was first down on a good show and just hit the bottom, SMACK, poor bugger didn't stand a chance, totally bricked.

There were kings cobes mackerell there for the next 2hrs but didn't land one, BIG FISH. Well we run out of bait, so do you get more at 10.30 or go home with your tail between your legs?. Of course not, back to the bait, yes we have 15 yakkas so out to deep southern.

Not being real confident, JH sends one down, GULP and he's on, 97cm king, well done JH. Next up 87cm amber, JH, 94cm amber yours truly, then a 94cm amber that JH hooked and handed over to Dave [Dave is not a fisherman so for him to bring this onboard was amazing ]. Dave cottoned on pretty quick and got the pump and wind going. Congratulations Dave.

The ambers were just starting to come on when we left [3.00pm] Yeah it was hard to do but the weather wasn't kind.

cheers greg

post-5479-034101900 1306404851_thumb.jpg

post-5479-083226400 1306405001_thumb.jpg

post-5479-013729400 1306405200_thumb.jpg

post-5479-064699200 1306405017_thumb.jpg

post-5479-004594200 1306405030_thumb.jpg

[quote name='browndog2' timestamp=Once again nice fish Greg. Spewin missed my seat :thumbdown: but there will be other days. Thought i seen you comming in to land on runway 5 at one point he he he... :1yikes: No wonder normy calls you mad dog. :074: Looks like dave had a good time as well as JH. Better anti up for the amber record. Who's going to get their arms pulled off first. Well done boys hopefully some kind weather and favourable seas soon.

Cheers... Bob

And I'm spewin too!! :1badmood:

Even though you didn't land any of the bruisers from the close mark, I bet you had a blast there. Some good fish in the end from 'Old Faithful'. :thumbup:

Cookie, your bearings arrived on Wednesday so I'll sort out the TLD for you this weekend.

Cheers, Slinky