Capt. Cook Bridge Thursday Night 26/05/2011

Mr Squid

Hit the bridge again last night for a quick session on the end of the run out tide. Put out the usual squid baits while i threw some plastics around. Ended up with 3 flatties around 40cm and one jew to 48cm all caught on a mixture of 5 inch & 7 inch Gulp jerk shads in either the camo or nuclear chichen colour. Also another jew to 52cm on fresh squid. All fish last night were released to fight another day. The bridge has been productive over the last month with an average of 2 jews per trip with just about all of them caught on SP's.

Squidy

post-11653-023220100 1306456384_thumb.jpg

post-11653-053703700 1306456406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Squid

Top Stuff Stuart!!! You been down squidding lately? With all this cold weather i haven't been out for a few weeks now, may have to head down one night next week.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Went last Sunday afternoon/dusk, not many around and only ended up with one. I have been throwing the plastics for jews and having good success right on the bottom of the tide. Hopefully they hang around for a while. Still keen to catch up and fish the Hacking with you. lets organise a date soon.

Stew.

Hit the bridge again last night for a quick session on the end of the run out tide. Put out the usual squid baits while i threw some plastics around. Ended up with 3 flatties around 40cm and one jew to 48cm all caught on a mixture of 5 inch & 7 inch Gulp jerk shads in either the camo or nuclear chichen colour. Also another jew to 52cm on fresh squid. All fish last night were released to fight another day. The bridge has been productive over the last month with an average of 2 jews per trip with just about all of them caught on SP's.

Squidy

I must be doing something wrong, I have been in same spot with live bait in boat and cannot get a touch.... Live 3 minutes from the bridge.. ahhhh! someone help!

Hi Benums,

Over the last month the baits have been left alone they only seem interested in the soft plastics. Another fishraider (fish01796) went last Sunday night in the pouring rain and landed his first jew, once again baits untouched and a SP did the damage.

you know what is funny. Last time I fished under the bridge for Jew's I had a live bait out on my jew rig, I was board so I threw out a 7" Gulp jerkshad in neuclear chicken on my bream setup... still no touch... I'd love to come out with you at some stage!!!