lowrance X4 fishfinder

jordan.widz

Hi Raiders,

Im looking around for a cheap sounder for my tinny at the moment and have found the Lowrance X4 which looks like it could do the job. If anyone has used one of these before could I get some info on what they're like. I will mainly be fishing the local rivers around here (berowra, parra) and just need something that shows the depth and gives me an indication of what the bottom is like.

Any info is welcome

Cheers, Prawn Star

Hi Raiders,

Im looking around for a cheap sounder for my tinny at the moment and have found the Lowrance X4 which looks like it could do the job. If anyone has used one of these before could I get some info on what they're like. I will mainly be fishing the local rivers around here (berowra, parra) and just need something that shows the depth and gives me an indication of what the bottom is like.

Any info is welcome

Cheers, Prawn Star

Hi Prawn Star A few months ago Geoff aka Geoff on Fishraider did a comparison on a spread sheet between the various model fish finders including the HDF series Lowrance fish finders (High Definition Series). I couldn't find the particular post but did manage to find my reply to a similiar post addressed to a member also looking to buy a good quality sounder at a sensible price for his tinny .

This is part of my reply and it was ineresting that Geoff himself favoured the Lowrance ELITE 5 over any other model in the under $500 price range from memory

"I think you've made the right decision going for the Lowrance Elite 5 model sounder...I was quite surprised to find out (from the mngr of a large retail outlet) that the HDS5's have been outselling the equivalent Furunos by 5-1 ie the Furuno 620 and also the Lowrance HDS equivant of the big selling Furono 585, the deep sea model ...I reckon the Elite 5 is a retail "sitter" aimed to attract the estuary off shore market and gives general fishos that don't require a sounder that better covers the deeper fathoms off shore the best of everything including the $300 card in the one package"

It would be a good idea to get the raiders price on the Lowrance ELITE 5 from Huey as Geoff certainly put a lot of research into fish finders at the time and my reply in calling the budget priced Lowrance ELITE 5 "a retail sitter" speaks volumes for the quality of Geoff's research when chosing a sounder for himself.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Prawn Star A few months ago Geoff aka Geoff on Fishraider did a comparison on a spread sheet between the various model fish finders including the HDF series Lowrance fish finders (High Definition Series). I couldn't find the particular post but did manage to find my reply to a similiar post addressed to a member also looking to buy a good quality sounder at a sensible price for his tinny .

This is part of my reply and it was ineresting that Geoff himself favoured the Lowrance ELITE 5 over any other model in the under $500 price range from memory

"I think you've made the right decision going for the Lowrance Elite 5 model sounder...I was quite surprised to find out (from the mngr of a large retail outlet) that the HDS5's have been outselling the equivalent Furunos by 5-1 ie the Furuno 620 and also the Lowrance HDS equivant of the big selling Furono 585, the deep sea model ...I reckon the Elite 5 is a retail "sitter" aimed to attract the estuary off shore market and gives general fishos that don't require a sounder that better covers the deeper fathoms off shore the best of everything including the $300 card in the one package"

It would be a good idea to get the raiders price on the Lowrance ELITE 5 from Huey as Geoff certainly put a lot of research into fish finders at the time and my reply in calling the budget priced Lowrance ELITE 5 "a retail sitter" speaks volumes for the quality of Geoff's research when chosing a sounder for himself.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks jewgaffer, I have looked at the elite 5 before and it sounds like a great sounder but its just to expensive for me at the moment, Im looking at something within the 100-150 dollar price range, just something very basic

Cheers, Prawn Star