Fishing spot choice

rockfisherman

The bay is an ugly place when a good southerly picks up...

Where do raiders fish in their boat depending on wind direction?

Hi Rockfisherman. The golden rule when fishing bays and rivers is to have the wind or the drift direction coming from behind you and fish back towards structure or the shoreline in the direction of the boat drift at the time, no matter how slight the drift is.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

My golden rule is to work my lure WITH the current, no matter what direction the wind. Botany bay is a washing machine at best in a southerly but i fish the entire waterway from liverpool wier to the heads, and over the years i have found enough good spots to gaurantee a comfy little fishing sesh regardless of whether it be 10 knots or 40 knot winds forecasts. The area between Lugarno and Milperra Bridge will always provide a good degree of cover. I've headed out thinking "Im mad, this is gail force sh!t" only to get there and fish within relative comfort. Hawakesbury should be similar if not better. Look for deep valleys and high surrounding topography mate, where there's a will there's a relations! :074:

Musty

My golden rule is to work my lure WITH the current, no matter what direction the wind. Botany bay is a washing machine at best in a southerly but i fish the entire waterway from liverpool wier to the heads, and over the years i have found enough good spots to gaurantee a comfy little fishing sesh regardless of whether it be 10 knots or 40 knot winds forecasts. The area between Lugarno and Milperra Bridge will always provide a good degree of cover. I've headed out thinking "Im mad, this is gail force sh!t" only to get there and fish within relative comfort. Hawakesbury should be similar if not better. Look for deep valleys and high surrounding topography mate, where there's a will there's a relations! :074:

Musty

Funny you should say that Musty I went on a walk with my girlfriend on a windy day once in Lugarno as I live there we ended up walking through evatt park. Anyways we got to georges river through the bush walk and we were sitting on the rocks facing Milperra bridge I noticed there was no wind anymore sitting down there.

The bay can be very dangerous in a southerly , always think safety before a fish.

Up river is always fishable on any southerly and is the best option .

You will find plenty upstream to keep the day entertaining.

chris