Another Berowra Waters sesh

jordan.widz

G'day Raiders,

Hit up Berowra waters again today in my new tinny with one of mates. We started of in the morning and soaked some baits to get a quick feed before we went off to start tossing lures. It only took a few hours to get 2 legal bream, 7 decent flatties, a crab and a big flounder. Berley was the key to our success today, the fish would come on the bite within seconds of the berley hitting the water and stop biting if we slacked of with the berley stright away. We also dropped a few good fish aswell, one I believe was a small jew.

In the afternoon we went flicking lures at some of the rocky shorelines on the way back to the ramp and luke managed a nice bream on a nuclear chicken jerk shad so that brought the bream tally up to 3. But apart from that nothing else would touch the lures (apart from pesky tailor) unlike last week when we got everything on lures.

post-14559-092771800 1306661290_thumb.jpg

post-14559-067998300 1306661293_thumb.jpg

flathead fillets for dinner.

Cheers,

Prawn Star :1fishing1:

G'day Raiders,

Hit up Berowra waters again today in my new tinny with one of mates. We started of in the morning and soaked some baits to get a quick feed before we went off to start tossing lures. It only took a few hours to get 2 legal bream, 7 decent flatties, a crab and a big flounder. Berley was the key to our success today, the fish would come on the bite within seconds of the berley hitting the water and stop biting if we slacked of with the berley stright away. We also dropped a few good fish aswell, one I believe was a small jew.

In the afternoon we went flicking lures at some of the rocky shorelines on the way back to the ramp and luke managed a nice bream on a nuclear chicken jerk shad so that brought the bream tally up to 3. But apart from that nothing else would touch the lures (apart from pesky tailor) unlike last week when we got everything on lures.

Cheers,

Excellent catch. Berowra Waters is definately a great part of the Hawkesbury system to fish. Nice looking fillets....bet they tasted great.

Chris

G'day Raiders,

Cheers,

mate that was a top day out on the water might have to go do it again this weekend and maybe double the bag :P

Well done again Prawn Star, nice catch of fish there mate, if the rain at the hawkesbury was as bad like the south side....i take my hat off to you fishing and achieving.

Cheers cg.

Thanks mate! Surprisingly the rain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, we probaly got an hours worth of solid rain the whole day and just a light sprinkeling every now and then.

yeh bro, we'll go sunday if im not working and the big boat might be getting fixed soon so it won't be long before texas kings

yeah sounds good mate cant wait. hopfully this rain goes away so we can hit the water and maybe get a couple jewies this time, well pick up some livies before we hit out spot ? hows that sound ?