Nice day out on the Blackfish

Finally met up with Royce ,Luderick Angler on Saturday.

Royce is very knowledgable on the finer points of blackfishing.

Along for the fun and games was my good mate of over 35 yrs Dean...Swanno.

We fished in the habour for a nice bag of 15 quality blackfish with a fair few thrown back and plenty lost at the waters edge by all of us,too lazy to get the net :05:

The bite seems to have slowed down and the size has definately fallen away. We managed a couple close to 40cms and most were around the 30 to 35cm size which made for some nice fillets.

Thanks for all the tips Royce and the new float you gave me which will be getting a run really soon.

Top day out ith Deano and Royce and we certainly had a few laughs together.

We did go all the way around the world on the way home which made for some interesting banter( in Joke)

I hope we can all get together again and those surgeon fish sure sound good to me.

Sorry no pictures this time as I had to pick Donnas lovely two girls up on the way home.

Cheers Stewy

Finally met up with Royce ,Luderick Angler on Saturday.

Royce is very knowledgable on the finer points of blackfishing.

Along for the fun and games was my good mate of over 35 yrs Dean...Swanno.

We fished in the habour for a nice bag of 15 quality blackfish with a fair few thrown back and plenty lost at the waters edge by all of us,too lazy to get the net :05:

The bite seems to have slowed down and the size has definately fallen away. We managed a couple close to 40cms and most were around the 30 to 35cm size which made for some nice fillets.

Thanks for all the tips Royce and the new float you gave me which will be getting a run really soon.

Top day out ith Deano and Royce and we certainly had a few laughs together.

We did go all the way around the world on the way home which made for some interesting banter( in Joke)

I hope we can all get together again and those surgeon fish sure sound good to me.

Sorry no pictures this time as I had to pick Donnas lovely two girls up on the way home.

Cheers Stewy

Sounds like you had a sensational day. Good luck with the surgeon fish. I don't mind a good feed of blackfish myself :thumbup:

Chris

Looks like it was a fun trip Stewy. Great way to spend a few hours with your mates! :thumbup:

Considering "the bite seems to have slowed down and the size has definately fallen away", you did exceptionally well! 15 quality fish, with a few close to 40cm! Top effort! :thumbup:

Terrific result! :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Good on you for finally meeting up with Royce!! I hope to one day, too, to fish those mystical blackie spots he knows! biggrin2.gif

Any day, fishing with buddies, is a good day!thumbup.gif

Roberta

Hi Roberta, Nothing mysticl about my spots they were just handed down from a previous generation of blackie fisho's and a lot are gone!!! But hey your more than welcome next time your down.

thanks for a top day Deano and Stewy (they're no slouches on the blackies either)

Stewy

I think some of them have headed out to the ocean. I fished a certain "pool" around Maroubra on the weekend of the 20th and they were thick. I took 12 and left them biting. There were 5 of us fishing the ledge and we all had at least 10 in the bag. Apparently the day before everyone got their bag limit.

Off the rocks you just can't beat fishing for blackies - there is a real art to it, but once you master the basics it's a lot of fun. Thanks to Royce I have now mastered the wallis cast and know how to match a float to suit the conditions...

royce i move this weekend, so be prepared for a central coast session real soon.

gav