Fishing the tides

rjc123

Usually when i fish i don't wory too much about the tides. I plan to have a flick tomorrow upstream from a bridge. In theory you would think that its not very smart to fish the runout tide upstream. High tide coincides with when i plan to arrive there. If anyone could confirm if the run out tide is not ideal for fishing upstream that would be great!

Yeh mate, it does, its hard to know when the water is murky where the dropoffs are though. I'm targeting bream and flatties and maybe even a jew if im lucky! Do you think its still worth fishing upstream on the run out??

Usually when i fish i don't wory too much about the tides. I plan to have a flick tomorrow upstream from a bridge. In theory you would think that its not very smart to fish the runout tide upstream. High tide coincides with when i plan to arrive there. If anyone could confirm if the run out tide is not ideal for fishing upstream that would be great!

As far as im concerned there are run out spots upstream, run out spots downstream- AND vice versa. Certain spots fire for certain reasons. A peak in the bottom topography for example may cause an upwelling in one direction but nothing whatsoever in the other. The key is to understand the area you fish. Combine with that the habits of the target species and your cooking with gas!

I wouldnt totally write off the fact that its a run out tide and your fishing upstream. Definetly not!

Good luck mate

Musty