What Inspires You To Go Fishing ? Feedback Wanted

cut_loose

Hey guys

At school i do DT as one of my electives and i was considering building my own website as my 'Major' project.

It's going to be about fishing, i know that for sure, but i was considering making a website that makes people want to get out and fish, to get outdoors, to stop wasting hours 'playing' video games, so people can discover what an amazing sport we have at our doorstep, if get if you get what i mean.

So just a quick question, what inspires you to go out for a fish ? why and how did you get into fishing ? what keeps you going back for more ? why do you love it basically.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers

Hey guys

At school i do DT as one of my electives and i was considering building my own website as my 'Major' project.

It's going to be about fishing, i know that for sure, but i was considering making a website that makes people want to get out and fish, to get outdoors, to stop wasting hours 'playing' video games, so people can discover what an amazing sport we have at our doorstep, if get if you get what i mean.

So just a quick question, what inspires you to go out for a fish ? why and how did you get into fishing ? what keeps you going back for more ? why do you love it basically.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers

Coming from a noobie:

1. Learning about different types of fish and how they behave

2. Researching on different areas to fish

3. Having the reliable knowledge from friends\forums etc to help answer your questions

4. And specifically in my case, break my new boat virginity in landing its first legal fish!!!

In summary, its an addiction because it is not easy and it's different almost every time, which is almost comparable to golf (for those that play).

Its in the blood mate that what....

BUT- Inspiration takes many forms- for me its paying homage to my family roots I was taught to fish by my Dad and Grandfather they had the biggest influence in my life frm very young and I eternally greatful for them teaching me.

From the simple things like locating a spot and fishing it regularly and you learn when it fires and when it doesnt- thats most of the fun IMHO some of the best spots are self discovered and fished solo

Also get a buzz from catching my own bait and then using it to catch a feed (one of those things my grandfather taught me that I dont do often anough anymore lol).

Edited by wannabefisho

I got to a certain point in my life when I had to change my lifestyle and habits. I decided I needed to replace it with something and I chose fishing. Changed my life for the better and I have met a lot of great people and good friends. It total clears my head and keeps me chilled and grounded. I also love boats.

Good thread man and good luck.

Mike

I go fishing and enjoy it so much because of the peace and quiet, it calms my soul.

Being on the water and just relaxing keeps me coming back for more, never bothered if I don't catch anything.

And now with kids it's very satisfying seeing them getting into it and enjoying it so much.

Years ago my doctor also said I should get a hobby to relax due to my kind of work, I only fished occasionally until then and now can't get enough, so I gotta thank the Doc for my addiction haha.

Years ago my doctor also said I should get a hobby to relax due to my kind of work, I only fished occasionally until then and now can't get enough, so I gotta thank the Doc for my addiction haha.

lol that reminded me of an episode of everybody loves raymond where he has a nervous breakdown and the doc recommends golf, then he explains to his wife :074:

lol that reminded me of an episode of everybody loves raymond where he has a nervous breakdown and the doc recommends golf, then he explains to his wife :074:

Seriously, he told me to get a hobby to relax, I found fishing again and now spend so much time justifying new gear to my wife and finding every excuse to go fishing, glad I can blame work most of the time :1prop:

It's the chase, the thinking of tactics, the boat driving, the journey, the trip to tackle shops, hunting on the web for gear and info, the peace and quiet, the companionship, the bite, the feeling of watching your fish swim away, the look on mums face when I give her a couple of fish, and most importantly the photo!

Greg

I love an unmatched fight eg. a school jew on 4lb and I love beating a PB. Some guys play Golf... some are into cars... some go hunting, guys (generally) just need their release, and for me (and all on FR) it's fishing.

Sharing some fresh Jew or King with family or friend does satisfy our hunter gatherer instinct.

Nothing beats having the phone on silent, and getting into a few.

I truly get depressed when I haven't been fishing for more than about 10 days.

Mick

• 4 months later...

It's the chase, the thinking of tactics, the boat driving, the journey, the trip to tackle shops, hunting on the web for gear and info, the peace and quiet, the companionship, the bite, the feeling of watching your fish swim away, the look on mums face when I give her a couple of fish, and most importantly the photo!

Greg

Exactly how i feel about it!!

I fish to de-stress. I just love being out on or near the water and I really don't care if I catch fish or not! I just forget about all my worries when I am on the water!

The funny thing is, a random lady who claims she is moderately psychic, gave me an impromptu reading on Friday night in the city after coming out of the John Edward show! She said, in front of my wife, "my spirit guides are telling me you need to go fishing"... works for me! So, I went on Tuesday! :)

Baz

I fish to de-stress. I just love being out on or near the water and I really don't care if I catch fish or not! I just forget about all my worries when I am on the water!

The funny thing is, a random lady who claims she is moderately psychic, gave me an impromptu reading on Friday night in the city after coming out of the John Edward show! She said, in front of my wife, "my spirit guides are telling me you need to go fishing"... works for me! So, I went on Tuesday! :)

Baz

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Greg

As above.

Well in no order

My sanity

My late father he taught me everything

As a luderick and trout fisher, fishing with floats rods and flies I have made that catch fish

Being outdoors and loving life!

Being wit ha good mate or enjoying the solitude of a small trout stream!

And that my friend is lifes pleasures

Oh and when your over 18 enjoying a wee dram by the river bank bulls******g to your buddy about trophy 10lb brown that got away!