Fuel Smell in TABS boat

pchenno

Hi I own a 5.45 TABS and I am generally quite happy with it. However from time to time I get quite a strong smell of fuel in the boat. This can be at rest or underway. If I am travelling in the boat the smell does not last for the whole of the trip. I have returned the boat to the dealer who has tested the tank and find no leak. I have lifted the floor and all of the foam flotation that surrounds the tank is totally unaffected by petrol. It is a real puzzle! I was wondering if any other TABS owners have had this problem and if they found a solution?

To avoid condensation in my tank I keep my tank full at all times only when the fuel warms up (in warmer weather) it comes out the breather. I now disconnect the brether hose at the top and push it in to a container to my surprise I gan gather up to 1 litre that would have run out and down the side of the boat

To avoid condensation in my tank I keep my tank full at all times only when the fuel warms up (in warmer weather) it comes out the breather. I now disconnect the brether hose at the top and push it in to a container to my surprise I gan gather up to 1 litre that would have run out and down the side of the boat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I own a 5.45 TABS and I am generally quite happy with it. However from time to time I get quite a strong smell of fuel in the boat. This can be at rest or underway. If I am travelling in the boat the smell does not last for the whole of the trip. I have returned the boat to the dealer who has tested the tank and find no leak. I have lifted the floor and all of the foam flotation that surrounds the tank is totally unaffected by petrol. It is a real puzzle! I was wondering if any other TABS owners have had this problem and if they found a solution?

Hi I own same model boat same problem have changecd fuel and breather hoses washed out hull, rang tank manafucturer who supplied another tank, did not fix problem. Aluminuim tank manufactured, seems to have fixed problem.