Daiwa Monster Mesh Max for Jiggin

Mr.KingSpooled

Hey Raiders,

Iam planning on getting myself a jiggin rod this friday. Ive been looking around and found that the Diawa Monster Mesh Max is a good heavy duty jigging rod with good value for money. I already have the reel to suite was just hoping to see if anyone has actually used a monster mesh or owns one. Also if they like it and how it handles the bigger fish !!

Any input would be great guys as Im looking forward to picking this rod up on Friday!!

Cheers raiders,

jez

I know it's not a good indication of performance on the water however, I loaded one up in the shop and it felt quite good for the money. ($200 i think?) Haven't used one though. Also check out fin-nor offshore jigging rods, a bit longer (may suit your 'style' of jigging) and a little more parabolic in action for around the same sort of money.

Hi mate, i brought my missus one pe2-3 for king fishing (live baiting), it feel good loads up good, for the money below 200 you can't go wrong, the only thing i don't is the failed attempt at bling on the rear grip. can also double as a good live bait rod.

ive got the max pe8 overhead, on a saltiga 40 and mann that things evil,, still would go for a tcurve deepjig tho, i find it is a lot better rod for a extra 50-80 bucks

still a great rod would highly reccomend them

onya

what gram rod are you looking at ?

what line class are you going to be running ?

what reel are you going to match it too ?

and what is the target species ?

Its the rod that handles jigs up to 250grams-300grams

50lb Braid main line

Diawa Saltist 6500H, recommended to run that reel on this rod on the Diawa website

from kings to tuna !!

cheers,

jez

ive got the max pe8 overhead, on a saltiga 40 and mann that things evil,, still would go for a tcurve deepjig tho, i find it is a lot better rod for a extra 50-80 bucks

still a great rod would highly reccomend them

onya

Yeah thats the thing, my budget was less than $150 as I dont jig all that often, would like to get into it alot more but I can really only do this by way of charter and it does get expensive. Unless someone takes me out ;);) !!!

So i thought i might as well get the rod that was made to match my reel and all should go welll. So far so good its looking to be the right pic. They are light but have a hell of alot of grunt, watch a video on youtube of some bloke with the lightest version smashing up 1m+ kingies which was crazy.

cheers,

jez

dude there crazy. going to buy the new blue and white one my self

They look awesome too bro, I was gonna buy this rod a few months back but instead bought a Wilson Live Fibre Texalium !! Some blokes on a fishing show were chasing marlin with the same rod and a saltiga reel, smashed em up !!