Paulo of Marlin Yak Fishing Fame on TV Sat 11/6

arpie

Hi Guys

Some of you will be aware of Paul O'Leary's epic Marlin capture from a Yak, some 4-5 years back

http://www.fishraide...showtopic=28912

now he has helped Rob Paxevanos catch & tag a marlin from a Tandem Hobie Adventure Island - the biggest in the Hobie fleet - it has a big sail mast & 2 outriggers to keep it stable.

Paul did the leg work whilst Rob was trollling live bait and/or lures. Eventually, after a few days of disappointment, Jervis Bay worked it's magic & they got a terrific hookup!

It will be on the WIN network (possibly some of the rural NBN networks too) TODAY at 4.30pm!

http://www.fishingau...ail_yak_marlin_

Check your TV guide, in case the time differs - this is ONE episode you DON'T want to miss!

post-2231-022512600 1307755424_thumb.png

post-2231-063185900 1307755356_thumb.jpg

post-2231-065865100 1307755392_thumb.png

Here is what Paul had to say on the adventure

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">In February this year I was invited to join Rob Pax on the hunt for an even bigger fish from a Hobie Tandem Island. We had the support of the whole Jervis Bay community but directly from Wes Murphy, Greg Reid and a couple of other local fishing identities whose name escapes me. What a top bunch of blokes they were. <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">The fish were about and on Day 3 we hooked, fought, boated, tagged and released a monster. A lot of the footage came from my gopro camera mounted on the ama but the really cool stuff came from a professional camera crew on Wes Murphy's boat.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">I have seen the show and it really is worth a watch. The jump sequences are the best Ive ever seen where kayaks are involved. Twenty minutes into the fight, squalls whipped up the swell and the rain pelted us for the next hour or so. The battle lasted for three hours and then I still had to pedal for another 15mins to revive the beast. We watched it swim away. What a great feeling.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Most of the population dont get the opportunity to see the best fishing show in the country. We dont get it here. If you are in a position to watch it then have a look and maybe record it for a friend. <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">It really is 30 minutes you will be glad you wasted in front of a tv instead of going fishing.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Cheers

Paulo

post-2231-008403400 1307755965_thumb.jpg

post-2231-024910800 1307755977_thumb.jpg

We don't get WIn up here, but Paul is sending me a copy of the show next week!! biggrin2.gifthumbup.gifyahoo.gif

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta