Fishing books which ones would you suggest and which ones you would'nt?

HH86

Hi there raiders,

I have been looking at some of my fishing books lately and have been thinking how good some of them are and how much a waste of money others were!

My favourites would have to be:

1. Australian fish and how to catch them.

2. Geoff wilsons guide to knots and rigs.

3. Depth sounder secrets.

My least favourite:

1. AFN Fish for success (dvd did'nt work which came with it) :mad3:

2. Fishing in new south wales.

What books made you the fishermen you are today and which ones would you recommend to others that are just starting out or aiming for better success?

Good fishing to you all.

Hi there raiders,

I have been looking at some of my fishing books lately and have been thinking how good some of them are and how much a waste of money others were!

My favourites would have to be:

1. Australian fish and how to catch them.

2. Geoff wilsons guide to knots and rigs.

3. Depth sounder secrets.

My least favourite:

1. AFN Fish for success (dvd did'nt work which came with it) :mad3:

2. Fishing in new south wales.

What books made you the fishermen you are today and which ones would you recommend to others that are just starting out or aiming for better success?

Good fishing to you all.

So many to recall, but one book I referred to many times over the years was Ron Calcutt's Guide To Fishing. On the front cover there's a very very young famous Syd Harbour charter operator holding up two Golden Trevally :). Also, Geoff Wilson's guide to Bream. Flathead and Mulloway. The Mulloway section probably the best I've ever come across in any book.

Cheers.

Spizza.

Edited by spizza

Also the age of books is disappearing, soooo much information on the net...

But i must say there is nothing like sitting down and reading a good book about what you love doing. Im a gen y and i bloody hate reading off the net.

I have one called guide to sydney and hawkesbury. Very goood info and i find it very helpful. I got it from Borders

I have that one too. Found it very good when i was a newcomer to Sydney. Just general,solid info to give you a starting point. Then its all about hard work and tips from friends...Fishraider!

Dave