Jewie Season

rjc123

Hey Raiders, i plan to have a charter with a mate some time this year. They offer specific charters like kingfish charters, jewfish charters, mixed bag or sport fishing. I plan to have a crack at landing my first big jew on the jew option that fishes the Hawkesbury with live bait and fresh bait. I have been out with this charter before for the mixed bag and we caught snapper, tailor, blackfish, bream, flathead and slimies. It was a bit simple but i know that this jew option is very successful! have seen them pull in a 20kg jew next to me at the vines! he knows his stuff. Ideally i will book for the start of September before I leave for the US for a month. Can anyone point out the best times of the year for jewie fishing in the estuary?

Edited by mack attack 79

Yeh, i would prefer to do it some time this year. I think what we will do is catch some livies, pop down the river for a few hours and then finish the day with some flathead for a feed or tailor in pittwater. Its a good charter, i might pop you a pm if it goes ahead if you like

Hey Mate, if you are lucky you will find Jew the whole way trough the year. Summer months are more like quantity not quality... but the cooler months are QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!!! hope this helps...

Thanks mate, im thinking October. Is that a good time?