Nitro Vapor

tentonner

Looking at buying a new outfit for ultra light trout spinning predominantly. Can get a pretty good price ($250) on a 6'6 Nitro Vapor 1-2kg. I've heard pretty good things about them but was after a few raiders opinion on the rods. Originally thought I would get a lox due to the price but have heard of too many snappings of lox rods. Gonna match it up to a 1000 shimano, symetre or stradic and 3lb braid. Does this sound about right ?

Looking at buying a new outfit for ultra light trout spinning predominantly. Can get a pretty good price ($250) on a 6'6 Nitro Vapor 1-2kg. I've heard pretty good things about them but was after a few raiders opinion on the rods. Originally thought I would get a lox due to the price but have heard of too many snappings of lox rods. Gonna match it up to a 1000 shimano, symetre or stradic and 3lb braid. Does this sound about right ?

Sounds fairly balanced, even though a 1000 size reel puts out about 3 kg of drag, you braid will pop before that, even 4lb braid wouldn't be a bad choice...

Nothing beats ultra light fishing so rewarding....

The lox rods are a very good cheaper alternative to the nitro rods. They're not quite as crisp in the action but are still quite nice. They don't just break, that is if you look after them. They are a light rod so if you don't take care of them you can break the tip easily, but the same applies with the vapor and other high performance graphite rods. That said, both the lox and nitro rods have the same expeditor warranty, so you pay $60 to replace the part and that's a lifetime thing.