Rod for Kingfish

Guest SnaggedAgain

Guest SnaggedAgain

Hello raiders

Need some Rod names for Kingfish. Looking for budget rod ~$100. Store name/location will be great.

---------------------

Intro -

*Land based fishho

*Noob - largest catch 45cm Aus Pike

*Mostly seen on Friday nights under the Syd Harbour bridge gesturing fist at the fish in water for stealing the bait but not having the decency to hook themselve

*Dislike - noisy people who misssing the point of night fishing and trashing the place

I have Silstar Cystal blues 6-10kgs (CB-661SWM) with Shimano 8000 baitrunners, and 2 x 6-8kg Silstar cystal blues (CB-601SSL) with okuma 5000 Salina II's,, run 50lb power pro braid on the baitrunners and 40lb power pro braid on the okuma's,,,, I never get busted off,,,,, reefed sometimes yes,,,,,,Tangled sometimes too if I have 3 rods out and have a fiesty kinghy that wants to do laps around my boat

Crystal blues are about $150 per rod give or take

I also have 6-10kg Silstar Crystal power tip rods (PC-661SWM) and the 6-8Kg (PC-601SSL) which are as good as the crystal blues IMO and are about $80 at B.C.F or most decent tackle shops

Guest SnaggedAgain

Thanks guys. I was also looking at Silstar. With my budget, I think thats the rod I'll have to go with. Let's see....

@e.prowler - using baits. No exp with lures or rather say no luck with lures ( i am guessing that throwing lures where is no fish isn't the correct method).