gear box repair

adzzy

Hi All

Thought i would share my latest repair, the crack was bogged using kned it, it is as tough as nails and i think it came up very good for a total cost of about $40 materials and 2 hours labour over 2 days

Cheers post-9009-028098700 1308285686_thumb.jpgpost-9009-072496800 1308285704_thumb.jpgpost-9009-038608200 1308285722_thumb.jpgpost-9009-056784600 1308285734_thumb.jpg

mate well done on the effort ,if you are to keep this motor start looking now for a new lower end,i reckon you will get 20hrs onit till the crack reapears ,but i hope you get alot longer can you take a pic after the first 10hrs and then 20hrs so we can all see how she holds up and top job mate cheers dunc333

mate well done on the effort ,if you are to keep this motor start looking now for a new lower end,i reckon you will get 20hrs onit till the crack reapears ,but i hope you get alot longer can you take a pic after the first 10hrs and then 20hrs so we can all see how she holds up and top job mate cheers dunc333

I really think it will last alot longer than this as the crack has been this way for atleast 2-3 years and not gotten worse over this time so only now have i finally decided to tidy it up but will keep you informed cheers

have u replaced the gearbox oil? if its milky u will be in a lot of trouble

Hey Gazza, yeah mate it has had a full service and all is good nothing but oil in the gearbox, the crack was 30mm shy of the gear box so nothing to worry about

Guest Aussie007

Hey Gazza, yeah mate it has had a full service and all is good nothing but oil in the gearbox, the crack was 30mm shy of the gear box so nothing to worry about

ah in that case no worries mate just keep a little 2hp engine as a auxiliary in case your gearbox falls to bits if the oil was fine there shouldnt be to much to worry about what type of engine is it and hp?