Live Bait tank size

Terry

Think I might get myself one of these vortex flow limiters as have an issue with overfilling the livewell when underway. Have learnt from previous encounters that continual forcing the water flow from a pick up can over presurise the pump leading to water passing through the seal to the motor. (ie: where you have a water pickup close coupled to the pump inlet)

Cheers Blood Knot

It needs to go in the line before the pump, I suppose that is obvious but apparently it is sometimes overlooked :biggrin2:

Edited by Terry

• 3 months later...

I notice in all drawings that I have seen that the drain is usually on the opposite side to the filling point (assuming the front of the tank is towards the bow, the left side filling and right side drain) Why wouldnt I have my drain at the midpoint on the back wall (a few inches lower as you suggest) of the tank so that as the boat lifts when going up on the plane the water is more likely to be forced/flow out the drain rather than over the lip/edge of the tank???

I'm not suggesting that all tanks should have two drains only to point out that having the drain too close to the top can incur overflow problems so having it a few inches lower can provide freespace for the excess water when traveling.

Geoff

Edited by Terry