SA kingfish info

my03

Hey guys, I've seen plenty of kings caught right up against the shore of coffin bay and surrounds. I was planning on doing a expedition down there in the next year.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance on landbased spots and what time of year is most productive.

I've met a few locals who have told me there are possible landbased spots near the powerstation. But that was many years ago.

Cheers any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Coffin Bay and the powerstation that people were most likely referring to are in very differnt locations! Coffin Bay is generally a warmer weather proposition whereas the powerstation is fished during the winter months.

The powerstation would be port augusta mate. You cannot fish land based from there (unless you worked at the powerstation).

If you make a trip it would be wise to fish from a boat. It is hard enough getting a hookup on the monsters down there, let alone land one!!! The fish cop a lot of pressure from the recreational fishermen fleet and have wisened up to spotting even the best of leader.

If you head down, do plenty of home-work, expect long waits between bites and be well organised as when it happens, it is mayhem!!!

I fished it two years ago for a week, my make landed a 120cm baby (by their standards anyways!) and i pulled hooks on a much larger fish. Certainly a good week to spend with mates anyways!