Extreme fishing with Robson Green

PRED-ATOR

i have to agree with most of the comments, however I did see the show a week or so ago and he was riding a rubber blow up boat down the rapids under niagra falls (i think) and stopped at a couple of spot to catch tiger fish. The fish were only reletively small but it was quite entertaining to watch.

The problem I find with the show is most of the time there is too much BS going on and only a very limited amount of actual fishing for very ordinary results mostly.

Did anyone see the episode where he caught stingrays ?? admitedely they were big but they were caught on gamfishing tackle and they spent most of there time in a small boat over the top of the ray trying to pull it off the bottom!lol!

pete.

i have to agree with most of the comments, however I did see the show a week or so ago and he was riding a rubber blow up boat down the rapids under niagra falls (i think) and stopped at a couple of spot to catch tiger fish. The fish were only reletively small but it was quite entertaining to watch.

The problem I find with the show is most of the time there is too much BS going on and only a very limited amount of actual fishing for very ordinary results mostly.

Did anyone see the episode where he caught stingrays ?? admitedely they were big but they were caught on gamfishing tackle and they spent most of there time in a small boat over the top of the ray trying to pull it off the bottom!lol!

pete.

Yeah how much was he complaining when he hooked was fighting the stingray. The thai dude hooked the thing while HE WAS SLEEPING and then he just jumps on the boat and whinges. Watch jeremy wade hook and catch one, now hes a real fisherman. but i did love the scenery on the victoria falls in africa. especially on HD.

or when he hooked a little dolphin fish on 24kg game gear and was using a fighting chair LOL LOL LOL

I think the title is meant to be tongue in cheek. I'm a bit jealous of all the cool stuuf he gets to do. He takes the piss out of himself a bit,he's basically an OK bloke doing something we would all love to do. My kids love watching it, yeah he can't cast an overhead, wow imagine that.

Matt

Of coures he winges, he's a pom, in his defence, he does acknoledge that his fishing experience is limited to fly fishing in the UK, and that he is a wimp, so as far as he is concerned most stuff is extreme. Jeeze but dosen't he squeal like a girl! :1yikes: yeah the one with the little shark was a hoot, you could smell the fear running down his leg LOL. I may be as excited as he landing a tuna though :banana: I am a pom from a fishing background, (oh shut up) and uk fishing does not even come close to the mildest fishing over here. nothing will bite bits out of you, sting you, chew threw a heavy leader, take more than a minute to land, require over 50 lb line, or squirt you with ink, unless you really go to extreme measures to hunt it out, so to Robson dearie, it is extreme, to us over here it is hum drum and unspectacular to the most. watching cement set is more fun than home and away though, i think we all agree on that (except :wife: )

Of coures he winges, he's a pom, in his defence, he does acknoledge that his fishing experience is limited to fly fishing in the UK, and that he is a wimp, so as far as he is concerned most stuff is extreme. Jeeze but dosen't he squeal like a girl! :1yikes: yeah the one with the little shark was a hoot, you could smell the fear running down his leg LOL. I may be as excited as he landing a tuna though :banana: I am a pom from a fishing background, (oh shut up) and uk fishing does not even come close to the mildest fishing over here. nothing will bite bits out of you, sting you, chew threw a heavy leader, take more than a minute to land, require over 50 lb line, or squirt you with ink, unless you really go to extreme measures to hunt it out, so to Robson dearie, it is extreme, to us over here it is hum drum and unspectacular to the most. watching cement set is more fun than home and away though, i think we all agree on that (except :wife: )

watched him again last night, with this thread in my mind, i just down rated him to D***head, entertainment value 1/10 this episode, waste of video tape. but thats fishing reality, sometimes you catch, but sometimes you don't

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a show on Aurora he other week that was awesome, cant remember what it was called. It was a marathon with like 10 eps in a row all on fishing northern nsw from about yamba up to goldcoast, really instructive and minimal advertising plugs