Hairtail

sure

Lots of talk going around recently on the elusive hairtail... Was wondering what is the method/rig/bait for fishing them...

Also just out of curiosity for those lucky few which have caught these fish how exactly do u prepare them for the table... Do u fillet them or gut them and cook them whole...

Cheers SureCatch

Lots of talk going around recently on the elusive hairtail... Was wondering what is the method/rig/bait for fishing them...

Also just out of curiosity for those lucky few which have caught these fish how exactly do u prepare them for the table... Do u fillet them or gut them and cook them whole...

Cheers SureCatch

hey mate heaps of post have info on rigs check out some of mine for my tips. as for cooking i've been doing them two ways first thing is preparing them make sure you get all the silver off them I use one of those scotch pads that you use to clean pots and pans works pretty well heaps faster than a knife. As for cooking easy way is just to cut them in steaks to the length you want wrap in foil with butter pepper and lemon cook in the oven 180 for about 10mins or so. For the bigger ones i've filleted and pan fried with butter and i made some chive and lemon butter to serve with them did this for a dinner party last week which everyone loved. Going to defost some for tonight and mince them and make fish cakes in a thai style which i think should rock best of luck noah

Cheers guys thanks for the information... I will definitley search for other posts.... And hopefully I will be posting some catches soon...

Cheers SureCatch