Harimitsu Sumizoku or Yamashita EGI OH Q Live

PM79

I can't decide on which one to go with, any opinions on either would be helpful.

I'll be buying them from overseas to save money, I don't feel like paying $30-$45 per jig.

Yamashita live naturals series work well for me.

Edited by fishlexic

Mate I would go the Yamashita, any of the glows and naturals but don't go paying that amount, your local tackle shop should have them from 14-20 dollars.

The Live Warm Jacket model is around $22-$28 at most stores, cheaper to buy direct from Japan.

I was looking at the neo trad cloth rainbow base models in pink, orange and brown/olive.

Edited by reLapse

I'm going to try out the Harimatsu jigs and see how they go.

I think they have a better colour range than the Yamashita jigs, I like the weed/clear blood and aji/gold colours.

ewc450.jpg

01ag450.jpg

Edited by reLapse

I going to try out the Harimatsu jigs and see how they go.

I think they have a better colour range than the Yamashita jigs, I like the weed/clear blood and aji/gold colours.

ewc450.jpg

01ag450.jpg

tryed a few of them out of Japan ,good price ,i dont like the black hooks .i do catch more squid with Yamashita jigs

great jigs if only they made them in smaller sizes,

thoses barbs are carbon thats why there black and they are very very sharp and stay like it for a long time,

very high quality jigs mate, wait till you see the foil light up on some of the colour patterns (clear red pattern is a good example but the pics do not do it justice at all),

if you ask me harimitsus are the go but like i said id love them in 1.5 1.8 and 2.0 sizes as most of my squidding is in 5mtres or less and i need to retreive the larger jigs just a bit too fast,

so i mainly use 1.8 yamashitas which catch me heaps of squid in shallower waters,

guess it depends where you want to use them.

Edited by Hooked up

thoses barbs are carbon thats why there black and they are very very sharp and stay like it for a long time

I thought they were stainless steel and the black shaft infront of each spine set was carbon.

very high quality jigs mate, wait till you see the foil light up on some of the colour patterns

They seem so and I've been told the foil lights up beautifully on them.

guess it depends where you want to use them.

I chase squid in Sydney Harbour, Pittwater and Swansea.

I've always used #2.5 with excellent results, though I've often wondered if I'd catch more if I used a #1.8 jig.

Hooked up, on 29 June 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

thoses barbs are carbon thats why there black and they are very very sharp and stay like it for a long time

I thought they were stainless steel and the black shaft infront of each spine set was carbon.

you may be correct with that mate il have to have a closer look now, cheers.

I'm about to order six Harimitsu jigs and I'm going to start with Weed/Clear Blood, Pink/Rainbow, Orange/Rainbow, Red/Red, Purple/Purple & Melon in size #3.

Has anyone used this product from Evergreen? I'm torn between getting a hard or soft case to store the jigs in.

egegiboxstandard.jpg

After ordering the jigs on Wednesday they arrived this morning, they were packed extremely well and the site I bought it from even gave me a free sticker promoting their name.

I'll put up some photos as soon as I find the camera.

Edited by reLapse

Here they are in all their glory.

I'm very impressed with the build quality and if they perform as well as expected I'll be getting a lot more.

post-4971-036979300 1310510291_thumb.jpg

Edited by reLapse

i've been looking at cases too, because mine are all individualised in their respective boxes/homes from the shop, and my tacklebag is becoming a bag of squid boxes

seems most of whats availabe are pouches - will keep it simple, and check out the cheapo options from kokoda/jervis walker etc

The egi box arrived today, it only took three days to get here from Japan.

The only concern I have is that it doesn't have a proper hinge like my Plano boxes, but aside from that I really like it.

post-4971-092917800 1310995698_thumb.jpg

thats pretty good relapse

i took your advice, and got a batch sent from japan - mainly in pinks and oranges

also got a yamashita eging stocker for storage, some jig clips for easy swapping and some squid jig spikes - i cant tell you how many times i pull in my live yakka, after its had the life sucked outta him by a big roaming inker

look forward to trying these out when the weather turns around