anyone fishing harbour friday night?

AndrewNR

Guest SnaggedAgain

Night fishing was pretty flat last few weeks. But early mornings were good fun. Snapper, Trevally and occasional Kingies (if you are equipped to catch them, unlike me). Had better luck with pilchard cubes than squids strips. Although I have a bad cold (may be pneumonia :D) I am planning to wet the lines this fri/sat.

yes, i'll most likely be out friday night into dawn

i had 4-5 yakkas get raped last weekend - they werent even alive - i've got hunt down whats smashing them

not sure what i am chasing - anything for dinner

wont have any issues getting yakkas, we got about 15 last weekend in a short time at our haunt

chucked them out live, one got hammered - chucked them out next day dead, they got hammered

so this weekend will add another hook to my rig - one in the tail, one in the head, cause whatever is smashing it, seems to avoid the singular hook

whilst getting yakkas will try for some squid - i got 1 squid last weekend, good size and it got hammered in 20mins out in the deeper parts, whist i kept looking for bait.

my methods are yet to be proven sydney landbased - but this is my backyard, and i shall conquer it - i've just gotto be there at the right time with the right bait - keep plugging away, keep getting more fresh livies, keep chucking them out - rinse and repeat - my friends think i am mad, but i know there is fish to be caught, and you wont catch anything from the couch

Edited by kulch

Anyone out Syd harbour fri night? I am. What are you chasing? I am throwing the kitchen sink at them!

Hey mate,

You need a mate to come along with ya? Havent done night fishing in the harbour for a while now (since its been cold) but would love to go nocturnal again!!!

I got the drinks ;)

Cheers,

jez