Daiwa Tournament Master X Guided Rod

zephi

Just wondering do any raiders here own any of these rods?

I'm thinking about getting the 1-3kg ultra light stick. But before I go off buying one, I would like someone else's opinion too. Does anyone own one of these rods? The problem is there aren't any reviews on this particular rod.. The model up (Tournament Master Z) has A LOT of reviews.

How much did you pay for one? And how does it compare to lets say a T-curve?

Thanks

Hi, I just went out and bought the 2-5kg model, havent fished with it yet but it seemed to load up pretty well, the action is slower than a t-curve which could be a minus for some but for me i prefer it that way. They seem pretty good value for money I reckon, I only paid 170 for mine which is a lot cheaper than a t-curve.

Really? is the rod really that cheap? I would have assumed it would be about $350... It's pretty cheap it sounds.

You only paid $170? Is that the RRP or discounted price? If discounted what was the original price of the rod?

There's hardly any information on that rod? Would you be kind enough to share some extra info about the rod? I cannot physically feel the rod so it's quite a difficult decision to make, whether I should purchase it or not.

Thanks

why would you buy a rod without feeling it?

its nice to have nice things, but just because it is more expensive than some rods doesnt mean it will be better.

i havnt had a play with this rod but i have played with the tournament master Z and was pretty unimpressed, would rather a lox any day.

I understand that it's not good to buy without feeling it. I simply want some thoughts on it, doesn't necessarily mean I'll buy one simply because someone tells me to.