New Shimano Stradic FJ

cheap charlie

Hi all,

What are your thoughts on the yet to be released Stradic FJ series?

Will it be worth the wait, or should potential buyers be snapping up the price reduced FI series????

Here is a quick little copy and paste:

It’s baaack. The white, or pearl if you are that way inclined, Stradic is back in the new Shimano Stradic FJ for 2011. I guess its only fitting that it made it a come back, since for many or us the original white Stradic was one of the first quality reels many of us owned, including myself.

So whats new with Stradic FJ? Plenty. The biggest improvement in the FJ is the use of the X-Ship system that gives improved performance and a new smoothness to the reel. X-ship uses a pinion that is support by a 2 bearings, which increases gear efficiency and reduces inertia, something that the lower end Shimanos have been lacking. X-Ship was previously used in the higher end models such as the Stella FE. The Stradic FJ is also home to an array of Shimanos performance features including Paladin gears, SR-Concept, Waterproof drag, Aerowrap II oscillation and much more(See list below for more details).

The Stradic FJ is available in 7 distinct sizes. ST1000FJ, 2500FJ, 3000FJ, 4000FJ, 5000FJ, 6000FJ and 8000FJ. This new FJ has modern features and a classic finish and is sure to peform as well as it looks. Available soon.

Specs are available at the manufactures site for those interested

Stradic_FI_2011.jpeg

I don't think X-Ship will be worth the extra cost over the current FI model, it's really not going to make the reel infinitely better.

I do like the new handle design, the bail arm mechanism being moved to the inside of the rotor arm and the return to the original pearl colour.

The one good thing the release of the FJ model will do is make the price of the FI model plummet and this will mean a lot more people will be able to afford a higher quality reel.

I'll be keeping a sharp eye on the tackle stores between now and the release of the FJ model so I can snap up as many of the FI models as possible, I already picked up a 2500FI for $150.

Edited by reLapse

I don't think X-Ship will be worth the extra cost over the current FI model, it's really not going to make the reel infinitely better.

I do like the new handle design, the bail arm mechanism being moved to the inside of the rotor arm and the return to the original pearl colour.

The one good thing the release of the FJ model will do is make the price of the FI model plummet and this will mean a lot more people will be able to afford a higher quality reel.

I'll be keeping a sharp eye on the tackle stores between now and the release of the FJ model so I can snap up as many of the FI models as possible, I already picked up a 2500FI for $150.

I really like the look of the FJ. It would look pretty cool on one of the ABU Veritas rods... All white and pure looking. hahaha.

I really look forward to Shimano Australia updating their website. It's probably the worst website i've come across when it comes to tackle companies. There's missing data and TBC's all over the place...