electric reels

FISHO 110

Hi Raiders

Im looking at buying an electric reel to fish the bottom of Browns mountain.

I have fished there with alveys & have decided to take the easy option now.

Any advice on electric reels ie types, models & prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fisho 110

I have a diawa tanicom bull 1000 and its great for using at browns. I have a 1000mts of 100lb braid packed on it it. I know a few people that have them and have pulled some big fish up off browns. Its easy to use and has a jig functions if ya want to jig browns.

Benny..

post-5996-092918300 1311402346_thumb.jpg

post-5996-051375300 1311402382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anakiwa

Hi Benny

Can you tell me what rod you have matched it with.

Have you, or no of others ever having a problem with these reels.

Jess

I just brought a rod off online shop 60kg bent butt $150-180ish delivered, But now want to get a swivel tip electric reel rod from the usa, About $200ish delivered. I havent heard of any major problems, Have heard of them smoking a little when bring up big fish, But alot of electric reels do, But doesnt hurt them, And they have a built in cut out switch to protect them, And you just have to wind for a bit till they cool down about 5 mins.. Then turn them back on, I havent had that problem, I had a 100 odd kg mako on the end of mine and it was bring it in fairly easy, He took my blue eye about 100mtr under the boat, But bit throught the trace about 5m under the boat at browns..

Benny..

Edited by Anakiwa

Thanks for the info Benny very helpful.

Winding in for 5 min would not be a problem,believe it or not i have fished the bottom

of browns using spin gear {egg beater}on many occasions while my mates using his king alvey.

Till this day he still shakes his head as i drop my 3 droppers & 1pnd sinker over the side.

Jess