Anyone Heard Of Viking Lures

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

Full report to come. Had the pleasure of meeting Alex Hickson of viking lures while fishing yesterday while having lunch at camp at lyle. He gave me 4 of his lures to try along with his card. They look like a native lure with big bib and dive to 18 and 20 feet . After only 15min of trolling (having trolled all moring for zip) we had our first trout at 700g then only 2min later i got my first ever trout a rainbow of 2.1kg! I was wraped! If not for this guy i wouldn`t have got a fish. Met with him again later in the arvo, thanked him as he was a god send. Id have to say i would never have though of using native type lures for trout.

dan

post-100-1118308465_thumb.jpg

post-100-1118308555_thumb.jpg

Edited by hottuna

Good stuff on the Trout Dan. Yes I have heard of Vikings and have a few of both the Native version (which is what you were using I believe) and a longer minnow style called a "Lancaster" which is a very good Trout minnow. Its about 10cm I believe and is exceptional when used in conjunction with a downrigger when targetting extra big Trout.

Cheers

Windy

Guest hottuna

I don`t know the names of the lures, waiting for a catalogue to arrive in the next few days.

dan

Edited by Jocool

Guest hottuna
I dont think so Andrew, I am fairly sure they are Vikings :biggrin2:

Cheers

Windy

51553[/snapback]

they were Deception Lancasters...now they

are Vikings Lancasters.....

they changed hands a little while ago.

dan