Shimano Baitrunner 6000D

kulch

hi all

ordered a baitrunner 6000D from usa, it arrived today -

pulled out of box and its quiet stiff to spin, give a few rotations, let go, and it stops before it does a full rotation by itself

do they need to be worn in?

i've never had this before most spinning reels ooze perpetual rotations when new

Edited by kulch

I got a baitrunner 8000D yesterday. Mine is a bit different. Whenever i wind for say 10 seconds and stop the whole handle slips out of place. It seems that it is meant to happen but im not sure why. Does anyone know?

I got a baitrunner 8000D yesterday. Mine is a bit different. Whenever i wind for say 10 seconds and stop the whole handle slips out of place. It seems that it is meant to happen but im not sure why. Does anyone know?

mate ive got the 12000D and i never had that happen..did you buy it online aswell or not ..i payed the extra cash from a tackle store so i know if it mucks up ive got 10year warranty..but im extremely happy with my reel ..

its so smooth.

kelza

i found the issue

the oscillating gear was loose, thus the main shaft was not being grabbed

once i fixed this - man these baitrunners are a pain inside - it was a lot smoother

but it now clunks, and makes a noise when spinning

its going back

but i can tell a working one would feel, look and sound like heaven - so im still getting one

i have taken a crash course in reel maintenance 101, because my penn got blanketed by a rogue wave 2 weeks ago, and it needed to be stripped and cleaned

So did some training runs on my smaller reels - giving them a good clean, and greasing - they all feel like new - if a little on the heavy side, as i am using grease in the bearings instead of oil - but this can be fixed easily.

So cleaning and servicing my shimano sienna 2500..........i put it back together and it feels, stiff, and its clunking and its clinking - just like my shimano baitrunner!!!!!!!!

i had a brain explosion - one of those light bulb moments - if i can determine where i went wrong here with the sienna - i could fix the baitrunner 6000D

you wouldnt believe it - appears the main gear is not alligned correctly, mainly due to overgreasing - i removed some of the overload and then the sienna spun like new

so i went back to the baitrunner, and ripped it open and removed a chunck of grease, which was influencing the action of the gear

PROBLEM SOLVED - THE REEL NOW FEELS LIKE A BRAND NEW SHIMANO - The thing rotates forever and a day