snapped the rod

Catchin Jack

Out fishing at the entrance on a friends boat and hook up a decent fish on a rod I bought other week as it was cheap, a 2-4kg okuma flame with a Abu Soron stx20 with 8lb braid. Well here I sit with this rod in 2 pieces and still fishing using my trusty pflueger patriarch xtr.

Well tomorrow I go back to tackle shop to complain about rubbish product.

Will try put up photo of it soon.

Slow fishing, just Bream and whiting but some good laughs.

Well here's the photo of where it snapped.

I took it back this morning and they said they'll call me within 2 weeks when the "rep" comes in, we'll see how good the warranty is on their faulty product.

Below is the photo Hodgey haha.

post-10101-022928100 1312247145_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo showing both ends when it broke, where i've circled you'll see it's a lot lighter and this is where it bent and broke. To me that's a poor quality blank and cheap finish, it shouldn't break there that low, the line should have snapped before the rod :ranting2:. I'll never buy that brand again, stick to my faithful Pflueger & Berkley rods when it comes to graphite. A collection of Pflueger Patriarch XTR rods it'll have to be and matched with Patriarch and Soron reels :thumbup:

post-10101-029372200 1312254772_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's the photo of where it snapped.

I took it back this morning and they said they'll call me within 2 weeks when the "rep" comes in, we'll see how good the warranty is on their faulty product.

Below is the photo Hodgey haha.

post-10101-022928100 1312247145_thumb.jpg

Hi any reply from the rep about your broken rod yet ?

Okuma after sale service, by us in South Africa not to good.

Well after nearly 3 weeks i've finally got a new rod, they gave me a credit and could either have same rod or pick new one and make up difference, well I chose the latter. Ended up with a Diawa rod in 2-4kg, though it feels like a 1-3kg.

Will see how it goes, feels pretty good, just need to blood it and see how it stands up against the Pflueger Patriarch XTR rods :biggrin2: