Hawkesbury River 130811

cut_loose

Hey guys

I spend the day on the and I tell you what I had a pretty day, it was abit slow to start off but as the day went on we managed to catch quite a few fish..

To start off I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who voted for me in catch of the month, fish raider itself, admin, mods, everyone involved in the whole thing, I got my pack in the mail the other day and I’m cheering, the gear is awesome :)

1-1.png

We started early, launching at 6am and making our way into Broken Bay, every bait got smashed by chopper tailor, I got sick of them wrecking my plastics so we made a move to Lion Island, here the wind was unbelievably cold, and it was just too uncomfortable.

By now it was 9am so it was getting on later in the day and with no fish on the board we made the move to Danger Island.

Photo0859.jpg

We drifted for about an hour for no fish, the baits did not get touched even once, it was so boring out there but there was no wind, and the sun was perfect, it was so nice relaxing that I managed to fall asleep in the chair for half an hour. Oh wait, I got one snapper, smallest ever maybe? Haha

Photo0853.jpg

By just after 10 we hit our first fish for the day, a legal Flathead going 38cm. Then within 10 minutes we made a quick move and hit a 26cm Flounder (released) then another Flattie going 37cm, it was looking like we had found the spot :)

Photo0864.jpg

For the next 2 hours we got heaps of Flatties undersized, and a 4 going legal, not to mention the one that got away, I had a beautiful Flattie going 50-60cm on 4lb at the boat, got him in the net, dad put the net on the side of the boat and the flattie somehow jumped or something! And I watched the 4lb line snap in 2 seconds as the fish won back it’s freedom, a quick head bang against the Bimini and a few swear words and I got over it, it was beautiful way to spend the day, no matter what happens there’s nothing else I would rather be doing then fishing :)

Photo0863.jpg

Photo0869.jpg

(Forgot to take a photo of all the fish, my bad)

Here’s a quick video from the day :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxusY_niw4Q&feature=channel_video_title

Thanks for reading

Nice mate, atleast you got a few fish for dinner! I find that the Hawkesbury fishes best in March/April. I always get a good feed of flatties, tailor, bream and whiting around Dangar island ( south western corner drifting). For some reason i find that during summer the fishing is very slow. Only undersized bream and flatties with no big fellas around. Goof luck for nextime!