Berkley dropshot/Abu omega combo

JET01

I've found the combo for $100 but I'm not sure about the rod. It doesn't appear on the pure fishing website so I'm not sure whether it's the same quality.

The rod is also 4-8kg. Reckon it might be a bit heavy for flicking 5-7 inch jerk shads around for Jews/kings?

The shop selling it is about an hour away so not close.

Anyone bought one if these rods. Seems like a bargain.

Here's the combo on Pure Fishing website COMBO LINK

The rod itself is a great rod, I have one and I can't fault it, the reel is ok. My rod is a 2-4kg one. I've put an Abu Garcia Soron STX10 on it.

Maybe ask if you can get the lighter one if you really want it.

Also, the combo rod should be a Gen3 one if it's the proper Pure Fishing combo.

Thanks Fezz,

I didn't think to ask to swap rods. I figured those kinds of combos would be "not for individual sale". I emailed the shop to confirm the weight and figured he would've offered if it was ok.

I have plenty of 1-4kg gear so definitely need something heavier.

i had a berkley dropshot 1 -4 kg spin stick gen 111 blank

not sayin all of em but the one i had was a dud snapped in half the first decent fish i had on

went and exchanged it for a pflueger trion and havent looked back way more superior

and look at the ugly stick platinum range for something a bit heavier i got one absolute awesome rod

Edited by fishon

i had a berkley dropshot 1 -4 kg spin stick gen 111 blank

not sayin all of em but the one i had was a dud snapped in half the first decent fish i had on

went and exchanged it for a pflueger trion and havent looked back way more superior

and look at the ugly stick platinum range for something a bit heavier i got one absolute awesome rod

I ended up going with one of the Sonic Pro Spins 4-6 692. Great short handle for the yak, good solid construction and only $70, so if i drop it out of the yak then i'm going to be too upset about it.

Once again, everyone. Thanks for your help.