Avoca salmon on lure

brettmann86

Hey raiders,

ducked out in terrible conditions last friday to avoca for an hour, to try my luck and see what was about.. got to the rocks close to first light :1prop: somewhere near 10am ha ha ha and started spinning and spinning and spinning for over an hour without a nibble then all of a sudden BANG! im on the way it fought down deep and kept diving for the bottom i was convinced i had a small king on but up came a 77cm salmon not bad and a good start in very next cast just at my feet bang im on again this one had a little aerial display to show me the up she came another nice salmon on 68cm then i noticed my leader was getting frayed and stopped to change it over (its always when you dont change it that you loose a good fish.. at this time my missus is starting to whinge cause it was cold and she wanted to go home.. so i said fair enough ill just have a few more casts and call it a day and well i did have well 2 more casts before another salmon grabbed my lure and off i was again playing the salmon ballet :biggrin2: this one came up and was 65cm so i was pretty chuffed with myself and i tell you what tom yum soup sure cures the salmons bad taste it was amazing if i do say so myself.....

nothing amazing to report but hopefully this weekend will be better i'll pull my finger out this weekend and take the boat out....

post-14110-045077200 1314169793_thumb.jpg

yeah it rained and yes i was freezing

Edited by brettmann

Yeah avoca goes off for big salmon! And yeah the conditions were horrible but with very little water coming over the top I decided it was fishable, I've actually landed some serious crackers there this winter when I'm not about mucking around in the boat it's a great spot. Month or so ago me and a club mate of mine actually landed a few salmon there that were HUGE so close to a metre it wasn't funny!

Hey raiders,

ducked out in terrible conditions last friday to avoca for an hour, to try my luck and see what was about.. got to the rocks close to first light :1prop: somewhere near 10am ha ha ha and started spinning and spinning and spinning for over an hour without a nibble then all of a sudden BANG! im on the way it fought down deep and kept diving for the bottom i was convinced i had a small king on but up came a 77cm salmon not bad and a good start in very next cast just at my feet bang im on again this one had a little aerial display to show me the up she came another nice salmon on 68cm then i noticed my leader was getting frayed and stopped to change it over (its always when you dont change it that you loose a good fish.. at this time my missus is starting to whinge cause it was cold and she wanted to go home.. so i said fair enough ill just have a few more casts and call it a day and well i did have well 2 more casts before another salmon grabbed my lure and off i was again playing the salmon ballet :biggrin2: this one came up and was 65cm so i was pretty chuffed with myself and i tell you what tom yum soup sure cures the salmons bad taste it was amazing if i do say so myself.....

nothing amazing to report but hopefully this weekend will be better i'll pull my finger out this weekend and take the boat out....

post-14110-045077200 1314169793_thumb.jpg

yeah it rained and yes i was freezing

wow great salmon mate, and nice report