Georges River

dogbox

Went catching on Tuesday, putting in at Revesby Beach about 9.30am sounded out a few locations between Revesby beach and the Moons. Not a lot of fish holding spots but land base fisho try the rocks off Lugarno at the enterance to Salt Pan Creek Fish showing up on the sounder along the rock face floats a must. We fished the moons with a small catch of Whiting and Bream, we had to throw 3 back for every keeper. We check the river arround the Lugarno Seafood Resturant and Illawaong ramp with no solid signs of fish schools. We worked the river to como with no results water cold at 14.2 bottom of the run out tide, como bridge is holding fish small but we did sound some large fish arches nth side but with catches but none rave about. The run in tide lifted water tempreture to 15.5 and we headed to Captain Cook Brigde by 1pm and the story the same a few flathead and Bream, small fish taking baits,. we shot up the oil terminal with no catching results water temp 16.

Overall it was nice on to be on the water catching was slow but i still go again this weekend.

Talley 4 Bream 3 Flathead 3 Whiting 1 Squid

Edited by dogbox

Went catching on Tuesday, putting in at Revesby Beach about 9.30am sounded out a few locations between Revesby beach and the Moons. Not a lot of fish holding spots but land base fisho try the rocks off Lugarno at the enterance to Salt Pan Creek Fish showing up on the sounder along the rock face floats a must. We fished the moons with a small catch of Whiting and Bream, we had to throw 3 back for every keeper. We check the river arround the Lugarno Seafood Resturant and Illawaong ramp with no solid signs of fish schools. We worked the river to como with no results water cold at 14.2 bottom of the run out tide, como bridge is holding fish small but we did sound some large fish arches nth side but with catches but none rave about. The run in tide lifted water tempreture to 15.5 and we headed to Captain Cook Brigde by 1pm and the story the same a few flathead and Bream, small fish taking baits,. we shot up the oil terminal with no catching results water temp 16.

Overall it was nice on to be on the water catching was slow but i still go again this weekend.

Talley 4 Bream 3 Flathead 3 Whiting 1 Squid

Awesome report mate, all the facts straight to the point well done, much appreciated!

Decent feed there afterall. Best of luck for your next session too

Musty

G'day dogbox,

I assume you were luring during your catching session.

Any size on the keepers ?

What about the water clarity.

Is it at all storm water affected ?

Also, how close to the oil terminal did you get to before the conclusion was drawn that there are no fish?

There are fish there close to the structure but the waterways has been very vigilant and taking people's rego numbers, as soon as you get close enough to be in with a chance

I'm sure a fine or two has been issued as well. I believe the damage is $100.

I would also bet whatever you like that employees on the wharf may well be taking rego numbers down as well.

If only they would deploy a few marker buoys to indicate the 100m mark....

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Hi Tony,

No i was using dead baits, i was with my wife who is not into lures/plastics and nothing to report talk on the size of the fish,

Water quality at Salt Pan Ck x Georges River was below average but expected due to end of the runout tide and with the rain we had in the past month, no worse than fishing in the upper colo after rain.! The further you headed east to Captain Cook Bridge water quality no longer became an issue.

Fishing the terminal is about drifting your baits as close as you can without getting caught by the terminal personal,, not prepared to get in close for a chuck the plastics here,, Yer Buoys showing the 100m limit to the terminal makes good sence, pity officials, dont have any.

Caution should always be taken to avoid fines in this area. Just not worth it,,

We also caught a few flouder around the sticks,, good to see these coming back in stronger numbers after years of decline,, but they dont interest me on the table,, Sorry Flounder,, if anyone has an dish to add here please do,,

look forward to see you at the B-bay social

Dogbox

Good to see you caught something at least, i fished from 1pm-7pm on tuesday around bald point and tom ugly's for absolutely no keepers, very disappointing.

Yes i was supprised the sounder show next to no activity in that strech of the river