Rock/Beach outfit

rjc123

Hey raiders,

planning on getting a new rock/beach outfit. I need somethning that is 2 piece, 10 foot and maybe in the 8-10 kg range. I plan to use it for bait fishing with paternoster rigs off the rocks for flatties, snapper, Morwong, Kingfish, Salmon and hopefully, jewies. For the reel i just need something that can hold a decent amount of line (30lb) and can stand up to decent fish. Price wise, maybe up to $250? don't do a lot of beach and rock fishing so just somehting that will do the job okay!

Cheers, Tom

Some thing in the ugly stik or silstar power tip range for your rod, you can probably get away with spending about $100 there, these rods can take a beating.

For your reel a Shimano socorro 10000, about $130 if your buy aussie online delivered to your door.

And a roll of mono...$10

Or you could go Alvey......

penn spinfisher always on sale for $99 and will handle every thing you though at its for rod, can go full graphite option pen big game spinfisher, rovex or fin nor, all do what im pretty sure is the exact same 11' rod. or go you standard glass, shimano aerowave, silstar, ugly stick etc.

for line stick with mono off the rocks 20lb should cover all bases.

i looked at those. Is 8-10 kg too heavy for reffies and flathead on paternoster rigs? i suppose ill use it for jewies too so.. is mono a better option than braid for rock fishing?

Truth be told, it's a little to heavy for reds and flatties and a little to light for bigger Jews and kings.... Essentially it's middle of the way, which by the sounds of it is what you want.

If you are interested in a heavy outfit, I have a couple of snyderglas 8 wraps coupled with okuma salina. Sa 80 spooled with 40 pound tortue, they've been sitting in the corner for over a year ( I wonder if that's got anything to do withgetting engaged ) I'm sure we can work out a good price for you, if you are interested, contact me via pm.

Truth be told, it's a little to heavy for reds and flatties and a little to light for bigger Jews and kings.... Essentially it's middle of the way, which by the sounds of it is what you want.

If you are interested in a heavy outfit, I have a couple of snyderglas 8 wraps coupled with okuma salina. Sa 80 spooled with 40 pound tortue, they've been sitting in the corner for over a year ( I wonder if that's got anything to do withgetting engaged ) I'm sure we can work out a good price for you, if you are interested, contact me via pm.

Maybe mate, i might have a look in the local tackle store first and then make a decision.