Reef Magic Weekend Report 27th & 28th

Hi guys,

Well it was a mixed weekend with a few yellowfin being caught but no bluefin that we heard of. We are in the middle of the dark which the bluefin normally don't tend to feed in and the fishing should hopefully improve this week.

Saturday we had Kulch and the boys on board and had a great day with mako's being the fun for the day. The first one ate our livebait under the balloon then bit us off. I then fed him a stripy on light wire and he took that but the hook didn't set - he came back after what was left and this time the hook set and he proceeded to do some great jumps with a reverse pike for the boys to enjoy and after an hour or so and a great 2 man effort on the bow I had a nice 90kg mako on the wire - walked him down the back for all the boys to have a look then released him to fight another day.

It didn't take to long and we had an extremely aggressive mako swimming around bumping into the boat and moving very quickly, he also went straight out and ate the livebait under the ballon then tried to eat the albatross sitting on the surface - i put out a bait and it didnt take long for him to eat that as well followed by diving when hooked and eating the deep livebait as well... talk about causeing havoc. Anyway after a stella effort he was boat side tailwrapped, i got him on the wire and unwrapped him and he went mental on the wire at the boat, a quick release and he swam off to annoy someone else.

We finished off by jigging and albie right on dark and headed for home in beautiful conditions. Biggest problem today was lack of current!!!

Sunday we had a group of Camden lads on board & headed further north to find the break and as soon as we started cubing had a curious blue shark swimming around but didnt take the bait. We ended up with 2 albies close to dark and again headed home in great conditions. Today again lack of current was the problem.

Unfortunately for us no fin but back out Thursday for another crack at them with less boats on the water. Anyway good luck to all that venture out this week the weather looks great.

Cheers Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

yeah was another great day out on reef magic

Unlucky chasing tuna, but some makos came lurking, and we had a ball with them................some of the boys had tangled with makos yrs ago, so it was a trip down memory lane for the experience of a lifetime.

Look forward for another sesh

Hey Damo can you please check if i left my square clear case plano tackle box on board - its got blue clips........amongs all the beers and excitement, i've got no idea where it is :)

cheers