Squiddin with the raiders

Rafinx

Been awhile since ive decided to post a report, but last night seemed acceptable to do just that.

It started off with SQUIDDIN, Sara and I just heading out for a bait run for squids. The squid started slow with not a bite until the tide start to come in. With Moe slamming the first squid on the wharf. Shortly after I hooked up a little bait size squid. After I had another decent size one come in when I yell at Moe to bring his jig in because I thought mine had chasers. Turned out it had 4 chasers, which we only managed to grab one. The squid started heating up as between Moe, Sara and I, we were the only ones catching on the wharf. Sara got the price of the largest Arrow of the day pulling in one that just kept peeling line every time she tried to bring it in. Cungee George, ADawg and Snyder came down to the wharf and came to check out the bait fest we were getting.

Wanted to take the time to say thanks for Adawg bringing down a couple of pizza's for us to eat.

Cungee decided to have a go on Moe's rod and quickly he hooks up proving he is a champion of squids.

All up we got 19 squids 2 got dropped. I felt bad as others there were giving up as they did not catch any that night.

Wanted to say thanks to Squiddin for abit of encouragement that the squids will pick up later in the night. All in all we now have a decent set of baits for the jews when summer hits.

Cheers - Carl

post-16019-060194700 1314836928_thumb.jpg

post-16019-029524000 1314836949_thumb.jpg

post-16019-019958500 1314836966_thumb.jpg

post-16019-069352300 1314836985_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rafinx

it was a good night ay my painted jig works and dont forget dont shine your lights in the water it spooks the fish lol

That was so dumb, and we were the ones catching them with our lights in the water. Oh moe I bought 6 paints to try out

Edited by Rafinx

Been awhile since ive decided to post a report, but last night seemed acceptable to do just that.

It started off with SQUIDDIN, Sara and I just heading out for a bait run for squids. The squid started slow with not a bite until the tide start to come in. With Moe slamming the first squid on the wharf. Shortly after I hooked up a little bait size squid. After I had another decent size one come in when I yell at Moe to bring his jig in because I thought mine had chasers. Turned out it had 4 chasers, which we only managed to grab one. The squid started heating up as between Moe, Sara and I, we were the only ones catching on the wharf. Sara got the price of the largest Arrow of the day pulling in one that just kept peeling line every time she tried to bring it in. Cungee George, ADawg and Snyder came down to the wharf and came to check out the bait fest we were getting.

Wanted to take the time to say thanks for Adawg bringing down a couple of pizza's for us to eat.

Cungee decided to have a go on Moe's rod and quickly he hooks up proving he is a champion of squids.

All up we got 19 squids 2 got dropped. I felt bad as others there were giving up as they did not catch any that night.

Wanted to say thanks to Squiddin for abit of encouragement that the squids will pick up later in the night. All in all we now have a decent set of baits for the jews when summer hits.

Cheers - Carl

awsome stuff guys.... does tide change come into play when squiding

Cheers - Carl

Seems like you certianly got amognst it!

Which Wharf did you get that haul? Wonga or Wally's. havent had too much success at Wally's of late.

Cheers

Not a problem bud, i know what it felt when i was trying to get someone to show me....it was hard not many want to show or tell, so i get a buz if i can help someone and great to see Lisa catching the biggest of the night...the women are always the quit achievers. Thanks to Alen for the pizzas and Moe for the laughs.

Cheers cg.

I ended up buying a Ci4 1000 just for it now, loaded with 5lb power pro. just gotta find a rod to match

it was a good night ay my painted jig works and dont forget dont shine your lights in the water it spooks the fish lol

hey squidin, about the light thing I fine that really strange i have a couple of LED spotlights on my boat and I normally find that they draw the squid in, I'm not a squider so to speak ...meaning I don't chase them but if they rock up I always have a range of jigs on board.

<br />hey squidin, about the light thing I fine that really strange i have a couple of LED spotlights on my boat and I normally find that they draw the squid in, I'm not a squider so to speak ...meaning I don't chase them but if they rock up I always have a range of jigs on board.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> i dont mind having the light on but there was a bloke that had a go at me that it spooks them but we ened up landing most of the squid but dont worry i gave him a mouth full

Good work guys on the Squid,

about the light thing it doesn't make sense as why would they sell luminescent squid jigs?? that's just my opinion of course.

maybe the light upsets the fish who knows!!! at least you blokes managed to stock up on some top quality baits and a feed too!!

Regards,

Nathan

All the professional squidding boats Ive seen in Thailand and stuff all use massive lights to draw the squid in. They light up the horizon like a floating city! It's probably the lights that draws the squid to the wharves in the first place

Nice work guys, good haul there.

I have to say i disagree on much of whats been said regarding shining your torches straight at them. Whilst large fixed lights definitely attract the squid in as they provide a constant steady light for them to feed in (in a similar way to a full moon) but I think it is a totally different story when people go flashing their head torches straight at them. Sometimes they are agressive enough that it wont bother them but at other times, from my experience, it deffinitely spooks them. Reckon your much better off just getting your lure in front of them and geeing them up that way.

Rich

Edited by Mr Squidy