Darwin sportfishing charters

sparkles

Hi Everybody,

A couple of work mates and I are staying an extra day in darwin next weekend, in order to get a line wet.

I am keen for some sportfishing action with an arm workout (GT's, Spaniards, Wahoo etc) I am under the impression that any of the close to Darwin barra spots are heavily fished, and have heard bad reports.

If any one has some good suggestions I would love to hear them ASAP.

Thanks guys,

Archie.

There are two options that i would recommend for this time of year. Either a day trip to Corroboree billabong catching barra ( most around 60cm with the odd bigger fish) and saratoga, or a full day bluewater fishing offshore. If you are after a memorable experience with fantastic scenery then corroborree all the way. However, if you would like to drop a line out on the offshore reefs and get a good feed or reefies, mackerel and jewies then offshore it is. If you only have one day then i would have to recommend an offshore charter as you are basically guaranteed to catch fish ( and good ones! ). I was up there a couple of months back and there was a 12kg jewie caught. Along with a few blue salmon, emperor and other reefies. We had a very very slow day for their standards and if you go p there thetre is very little chance it will happen to you too. I'll pm you some charter names.

Tom