Georges river quick session

Breambucket

Hey guys hit the Georges River solo for a couple of hours Friday arvo befor a night out with a few mates.

I have been fishing bays and lakes too much recently and i thought i need some more practice in rivers which i hardly fish and not very consistently either

I tried rock walls, bridge pylons, and drop offs for no love at all so i decided to shoot up the wonnie and see what i could find. Never fishing the area in my boat i noticed the sand flats on the left hand side with a few drains run offs so i had a few cast to see what was around

It looked very fish and it didnt disappoint with probably landing 20 or so small flatties all under sized other than 2 a few chopper taylor.

For shits and giggles i chucked a plastic over the sand into one of the small draining pools behind the sand and WACK! i was on :1yikes: I thought i might be able to coax the decent sized flattie out where the pool was draining but he didnt want to play so i tried dragging him over the small sand bar and was cut off! I dare say he would of been around 60cm or so and a local pelican came down to try engulf the flapping fish but the flattie won his freedom and made it back into the water eventually :biggrin2:

i wish i had a few people with now to see the whole event unfold and it turned a slow day into one i wont forget in a while lol

On the way back to the ramp i sounded out an area i thought i might try later on for a jewie and im pretty sure what i seen on the sounder would of been a pretty decent fish i think (dam i wish i was rigged up!)28korvn.jpg

and a couple of the flatties

2cwocra.jpg

jl5ame.jpg

Thanks for reading guys

Pete

Thanks for sharing Pete. I always find that the Wonnie fishes well during spring. That drop off looks like the hole under the power lines near Bonnet Bay, would I be correct? I have tried for Jewies in there a couple of times for no luck but have got a couple of nice flatties and bream on the sand bank and drains near the hole.

cheers,

Paul

Pete, that's a very interesting big fish you've sounded out. I've never fished the upper Woronora before but drains and outlets were one of my favourite areas to fish when I was fishing land based. Will wait for your jewfish report to come one day eh?