Sydney i have issues

Cobba12

It takes a strong man to admit me has issues and i feel i am that strong man.

So it all starts with my mate Gibley. I have taken him to a few of my local haunts and while we have fished together we have managed to catch....... well stuff all to be honest. He then goes back to these spots and like a kid at a sleepover who doesn't want to share, goes and catches loads without me.

For example. One afternoon/evening we decided to do a spot of fishing from the rocks then move to my secret spot in the Bondi region. I am not able to let this secret spot slip as it is well it's Bondi beach ohhh dammit. Yea so anyway we fish this killer gutter for hours with zero joy and decide to move south to hit the rocky area that also doubles for a heavy petting area for the coasts population of horny backpackers beyond about 12am. While fishing there we catch.......... a bream about the size of my hand (I am no giant for those thinking whoa how big is his hand though)and a stingray about the size of my foot (again don't get exited). After this session we got a little tired and Gibley had to get himself on the bus/train/bus home (chin up Gibers). However we decided to go check out the gutter we were once fishing as there was now some new "guru" fishing it.

To my half shock, half horror, half joy I was 1 and a half times more exited than i thought was possible in seeing that this giant of a man had landed 3 salmon and had been fishing for only 1 hour. SOoooooooooooooo i drilled him with every question under the sun and we left lessons learnt.

Well good old Gibley set out about a week or so later to try his luck and as im sure some of you will have read he nailed it with a 73cm salmon, 65cm tailor and a banjo shark 4 feet long that is now a raiders record. What thanks did i get for putting him on this magical secret spot? a text rubbing it in and a post the following day that would have made the Queen cuss. By the way Gibley how is the motherland? cold? wet? smashed up by rioters? hope your having fun!

Soooooo this brings me back to my underlying message here........ my issue. You see i fish many many hours and i try to fish around the turning of tides with moon fazes and the likes but i seem to just be on this crazy crap fish spell. Raiders i wish i could say i am new to this great sport of angling but i am afraid that i am not. I am 27 years of age and got started when i was 2. The name C,./ used to send a shiver down the spines of most fish species and many a seasoned QLD fisherman would wisper our name (i am a coward so therefore will not disclose my name through fear of my dad disowning me through fishing defeats of late).

I am new in the sense that these waters are new to me and i will always maintain that there is always something to learn while we fish. However i feel i should be nailing it a bit better than i am. Well at this stage i have no nails just a hammer.

So it is about time i hit the double figure fish trip and hit a solid session. Hell i need it. If not then i fear that the bearded guy wearing flannel, sitting on the corner sipping milk and having it run through his beard while asking for spare change might be me through fishing madness!!!

Attached is a photo of my 1 blackfish from Sunday. For those of you wondering and i know there must be thousands, my shoe size is large and the thong is exactly 30cm long so the fish is of decent size. It is the lone suicidal fish of Bondi. RIP

My ramblings have been long but this has been built up.

So enjoy and laugh it up for i will be back with magnificent tales from the coast shortly.

Ramblings over.

Cobba

ps. I went fishing again today. A massive prze goes to the person who can guess how many fish i caught.

post-19417-042464200 1315214000_thumb.jpg

So it all starts with my mate Gibley. I have taken him to a few of my local haunts and while we have fished together we have managed to catch....... well stuff all to be honest. He then goes back to these spots and like a kid at a sleepover who doesn't want to share, goes and catches loads without me.

For example. One afternoon/evening we decided to do a spot of fishing from the rocks then move to my secret spot in the Bondi region. I am not able to let this secret spot slip as it is well it's Bondi beach ohhh dammit. Yea so anyway we fish this killer gutter for hours with zero joy and decide to move south to hit the rocky area that also doubles for a heavy petting area for the coasts population of horny backpackers beyond about 12am. While fishing there we catch.......... a bream about the size of my hand (I am no giant for those thinking whoa how big is his hand though)and a stingray about the size of my foot (again don't get exited). After this session we got a little tired and Gibley had to get himself on the bus/train/bus home (chin up Gibers). However we decided to go check out the gutter we were once fishing as there was now some new "guru" fishing it.

To my half shock, half horror, half joy I was 1 and a half times more exited than i thought was possible in seeing that this giant of a man had landed 3 salmon and had been fishing for only 1 hour. SOoooooooooooooo i drilled him with every question under the sun and we left lessons learnt.

Well good old Gibley set out about a week or so later to try his luck and as im sure some of you will have read he nailed it with a 73cm salmon, 65cm tailor and a banjo shark 4 feet long that is now a raiders record. What thanks did i get for putting him on this magical secret spot? a text rubbing it in and a post the following day that would have made the Queen cuss. By the way Gibley how is the motherland? cold? wet? smashed up by rioters? hope your having fun!

Soooooo this brings me back to my underlying message here........ my issue. You see i fish many many hours and i try to fish around the turning of tides with moon fazes and the likes but i seem to just be on this crazy crap fish spell. Raiders i wish i could say i am new to this great sport of angling but i am afraid that i am not. I am 27 years of age and got started when i was 2. The name C,./ used to send a shiver down the spines of most fish species and many a seasoned QLD fisherman would wisper our name (i am a coward so therefore will not disclose my name through fear of my dad disowning me through fishing defeats of late).

I am new in the sense that these waters are new to me and i will always maintain that there is always something to learn while we fish. However i feel i should be nailing it a bit better than i am. Well at this stage i have no nails just a hammer.

So it is about time i hit the double figure fish trip and hit a solid session. Hell i need it. If not then i fear that the bearded guy wearing flannel, sitting on the corner sipping milk and having it run through his beard while asking for spare change might be me through fishing madness!!!

Attached is a photo of my 1 blackfish from Sunday. For those of you wondering and i know there must be thousands, my shoe size is large and the thong is exactly 30cm long so the fish is of decent size. It is the lone suicidal fish of Bondi. RIP

So enjoy and laugh it up for i will be back with magnificent tales from the coast shortly.

Ramblings over.

Cobba

ps. I went fishing again today. A massive prze goes to the person who can guess how many fish i caught.

17 Fish? Do i win the prize? What do i get? D

Oh oh oh let me guess, I bet u caught a whopping 0 fish.

I'm I right?

What do I get?

Your rod :-D

Just kidding

Good read, hang in there mate, the fish gods well be kind to u soon.

Drummmmmm rollll.........

I am afraid you win the prize!

I caught a massive 0 fish today.

You have a choice of 3 prizes.

Prize 1: a high five thrown in the air from me now heading to your hand

Prize 2: a double high five thrown in the air from my hand to yours

Prize 3: The mystery box

What shall you choose?

Drummmmmm rollll.........

I am afraid you win the prize!

I caught a massive 0 fish today.

You have a choice of 3 prizes.

Prize 1: a high five thrown in the air from me now heading to your hand

Prize 2: a double high five thrown in the air from my hand to yours

Prize 3: The mystery box

What shall you choose?

I choose prize 4

Your secert gutter!!!!!!!;-)

Good luck in the future.

If it makes u feel better, i just got back into fishing as well from a almost year and ive been 6 sessions with out any fish as well until yesterday. Go to Gaire Beach RNP and you'll get some salmon atm, I did and I dont even beach fish, Im more of a rock hopper.

Edited by General Zod

I choose prize 4

Your secert gutter!!!!!!!;-)

Good luck in the future.

If it makes u feel better, i just got back into fishing as well from a almost year and ive been 6 sessions with out any fish as well until yesterday. Go to Gaire Beach RNP and you'll get some salmon atm, I did and I dont even beach fish, Im more of a rock hopper.

Thanks for the tip.

I will look it up

if it makes you feel any better, out of the 10 times I've been to hawkesbury in the past 4-5 months, I've probably taken 4 flatties.

I'm putting all of my eggs into the "can't wait for summer" basket =)

Great idea.......

I need a basket

haha Cobba, we are a bad omen together, although we did catch an intended species in each others presence for the first time in 3 sessions the other day...it was caught by me, but ill take it as a team effort as it was your call to move..lol take some credit boyo!

the mother land is cold, wet but very fishy, have a fridge full already :) but i canny wait to smash it up again in sydney come middle of october! ill bring back some UK fishing tackle gems, for us all to share.

ps you need a LUCKY CHARM for sydney fishing. find it, keep it, fish with it, and fish with it, and keep fishing with it, until you catch... and then you can say it was because of your LUCKY CHARM and it will then forever bring you luck. :) ha

haha Cobba, we are a bad omen together, although we did catch an intended species in each others presence for the first time in 3 sessions the other day...it was caught by me, but ill take it as a team effort as it was your call to move..lol take some credit boyo!

the mother land is cold, wet but very fishy, have a fridge full already :) but i canny wait to smash it up again in sydney come middle of october! ill bring back some UK fishing tackle gems, for us all to share.

ps you need a LUCKY CHARM for sydney fishing. find it, keep it, fish with it, and fish with it, and keep fishing with it, until you catch... and then you can say it was because of your LUCKY CHARM and it will then forever bring you luck. :) ha

Hahaha nice mate.

Im in negotiations for buying a boat at the moment.

You may just get back and I will have a boat for us to smash the kings in.

How about some UK reports on the raider then hey?

Ramblings over.

Cobba

Great read - and im glad to see other people have runs of bad luck too - sorry mate :( Just keep getting out there and as your good times will come!

While talking about these Raider fish records - how do we go about getting them and sticking them on the bottom of our posts etc? My missus has nailed some big fish lately (all of which were returned safely to the sea) I on the other hand am on a run similar to youself!! lol

She caught a 9 kilo Wobbegong and a 12 kilo Port Jackson shark two weeks ago.... where do we find the record list to compare these catches??

Anywayz good luck mate - see you out there