Dear Mr Fish @ Swansea

Catchin Jack

Well went out for a fish up Swansea yesterday as a mate wanted to hook up on some salmon on light gear so I headed outside and headed south. While trolling I was checking the sounder and stumbled across a great looking reef that appeared to be holding fish so I marked it on the GPS and stopped, dropped a line and sure enough my poor little reel started screaming and I dug my heels in as I tightened the drag up some more. This fish teased me with some awesome runs, sometimes letting me gain a little back and then violated my rod and reel and had me singing colourful tunes when he decided he'd had enough and reefed me, oh how upset I was.

Well I check my other rods and realise i've only got light gear with me and another attempt at this reef would probably end up the same way, me losing my rigs and feeling very violated.

Anyway, we get back to the stinky salmon and sure enough like clock work the salmon appeared and my mate brought in some nice 70cm specimens, I didn't bother chasing them as I was laughing to much at him complaining about how hard they were on light gear and I was still sooking about being smoked on my new found reef.

So a message to the fish that teased and reefed me..... You may have won that fight but I only had light gear, when I return Mr Fish I will be bringing my bad ass gear and I will find you and you will not tease me, you will not steal lots of my line and you will not reef me because our next encounter I will dominate you and remove you from your reef and own you!

And also Mr Fish, I will not feed you berley from my mouth again, that was the first and last time of that happening (now I know what it's like I will not make fun of those that do it regularly).

Ah Skip, I had no control over the berley, it just had a mind of its own and there was so much of it. I never get seasick and yesterday was a first and hopefully last, it's not fun. :blush:

Just thinking about it is making me sick :puke:

And as for being "OWNED", I was seriously violated by that fish, it really did my head in.

That fish is gonna shake on the floor of my boat, I will own it next time :yahoo:

Just feel so violated, my mate even called this morning to rub it in again.

Whatever it was it was BIG, it wasn't a shark or ray, either a big snapper or a big kingie, probably the latter. There were no big head shakes, just a heap of power and really solid runs, I was only able to turn it once and gain a little before it smoked me, fight was only a few minutes but awesome on light gear, just violated that I didn't get a look at it.

The rig I was using was a Pflueger Arbor reel with 15lb Spiderwire Stealth Code Red braid loaded onto a Pflueger Patriarch XTR rod.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Leo I know that feeling all to well :wacko: nice report and some pictures of you in all your glory hanging over the side would have been GOLD !!

Cheers Stewy

Ahhhhhhhhhh Leo I know that feeling all to well :wacko: nice report and some pictures of you in all your glory hanging over the side would have been GOLD !!

Cheers Stewy

There will NEVER be photos of that Stewy, no evidence and no ammunition for you and Skip to get me with, but it was a worthy chuck, even I was impressed :1prop:

Great story, would be pretty funny if you get smoked again with your upgraded gear, when you go there next time.

I wonder what it was Kingy?

I will not be smoked next time with my heavy gear Eastwood1980, I will get Mr Fish and own his sorry fins :074:

Fish with attitude :ranting2: Look forward to seeing what you come back with on your next outing :1fishing1: .

I wouldn,t be able to sleep till i found out.GOTTA LOVE THE REVENGE BIT

Chris.

Attitude wasn't the word for it, he teased me and played me and then violated me. I'm having dreams of getting my revenge and teasing him and then destroying his will to fight, teach Mr Fish who's boss :biggrin2::yahoo:

Damn that sounder for showing me that fine looking reef and it's fish, i'm gonna stalk the reef as well hehe