Fosters lake reserve

brettmann86

Hey raiders I'm in victoria celebrating my fathers 60th and I thought why not take the old fella out trout fishing, it would be a first for the both of us and finding a stocked pond that doesn't have a closed season was the go so after a little chat with the local tackleshop and buying some powerbait we set off for glenrowan a whole 15 minute drive away ha ha ha with my fiancé in tow we stopped at the glenrowan pub for refreshments and set off for the reserve. Now when we arrived we were gutted the whole lake is about the size of a standard block Of land but we knew it was stocked with rainbow trout so with beers in tow we were not deterred and set about baiting up. Well half hour goes by with nothing then u decide to check my rod and rebait it then as soon as it hit the water I was on to a feisty little rainbow Of 30 odd cms after a couple of high fives and some thought talking my dads rod goes off with a rainbow of a good 40+ and we were cheering! By this time the wind was freezing and driving hard and we were more concerned bout getting home so we called it a day and were happy with our trout afternoon tea! And best of all even in closed season you can fish there and still have a trout dinner!

I'll load a photo when I get home as I'm on my iphone

Edited by brettmann

best birthday ever!! would really like to see some pics of the fish and the lake or pond or whatever you want to call it haha would be suprised there would be enough food and space for them in such a small body of water

Adding the photo's of the fish,

post-14110-061795700 1315799087_thumb.jpg

that would be my rainbow terrible photo but best that could be asked for with a father who is technologically blind ha ha ha

post-14110-053292900 1315799152_thumb.jpg

and these are the 2 rainbows we wound up with gutted and ready for pan frying

P.s we pan fried these in some butter and herbs and they were beautiful!!!