hawkesbury river 11/9

st00ge

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in awhile, on a train to work now and nothing better to do so might of well post up a report.

Well plans were to get up at 6am for a 7am start on a hired dinghy down at hawkesbury but to my mate waking up late we got onto the water about 8:10...

Anyways headed out to our first usual spot with nothing, no bites at all for about an hour or 2 so decided to move to our 2nd location. Again with nothing biting except for a 10cm whiting so back it went and off we went to our 3rd spot. I was with 3 others, once their line hit the water they kept on getting hits and miss til finally up comes a 35cm bream, followed by a 38cm bream and then a 30cm model.

After that kept on getting pesky catfish and 3 soapies around the 15-20cm so back they went. With me catching nothing all day, i finally got a bite and up came a 48cm flatty!!! Stroked as its a pb for me.

After that only caught an average sized octopus. So then we headed to a different location, soon up came a 41cm black bream and another 38cm bream.

Checked the time amd it was then time to return the dinghy so was an good day on the waters as i havent been boat fishing for about 2 years.

Hopefully with the warmer weather coming,

I'll catch more fishes and more reports to come.

Thanks for reading,

Van

i do the hiring up there a few times a year. We normally scoot over to dangar island and pick up a few legal flatties and flounder. We also sometimes fish the bridges and get good bream and flatties. Where abouts were you fishing?

Hire a boat from brooklyn up there.

i do the hiring up there a few times a year. We normally scoot over to dangar island and pick up a few legal flatties and flounder. We also sometimes fish the bridges and get good bream and flatties. Where abouts were you fishing?

Hire a boat from brooklyn up there.

Cheers Mack,

I do most of my fishing in Botany for all the estuary species (mainly Bream and Flatties) and only use SP's and HB's, I havnt fished the hawkbury for years and I think it would be good for me to explore another river system and see what I can find.

Thanks for the info mate ill try and get up that way soon!!:thumbup:

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in awhile, on a train to work now and nothing better to do so might of well post up a report.

Well plans were to get up at 6am for a 7am start on a hired dinghy down at hawkesbury but to my mate waking up late we got onto the water about 8:10...

Anyways headed out to our first usual spot with nothing, no bites at all for about an hour or 2 so decided to move to our 2nd location. Again with nothing biting except for a 10cm whiting so back it went and off we went to our 3rd spot. I was with 3 others, once their line hit the water they kept on getting hits and miss til finally up comes a 35cm bream, followed by a 38cm bream and then a 30cm model.

After that kept on getting pesky catfish and 3 soapies around the 15-20cm so back they went. With me catching nothing all day, i finally got a bite and up came a 48cm flatty!!! Stroked as its a pb for me.

After that only caught an average sized octopus. So then we headed to a different location, soon up came a 41cm black bream and another 38cm bream.

Checked the time amd it was then time to return the dinghy so was an good day on the waters as i havent been boat fishing for about 2 years.

Hopefully with the warmer weather coming,

I'll catch more fishes and more reports to come.

Thanks for reading,

Van

HI there, good to hear that your patience was rewarding. What bait were you using? I seem to have more luck on plastics these days. Hopefully will start fishing again next week now that spring is here. Always 50/50 chance at catching fish on the Hawkesbury.

Hey battle, as mack said, hired the boat up in brooklyn and we hired from a place called 'brooklyn central'.

All fish were caught on prawns.

We also had chicken breast marinated in sticky cheese and pilcahrds but only thing that caught fish was banana prawns :)