Arvo whiting session

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Went out for a whiting fish with ddaniel in the hacking using bloodworms for bait arrived at the spot at 3pm to fish run in tide. Rigged up the flicksticks and cast out our baits and sat down on plastic chairs that someone had left there after 1/2 hr dans rod gets a bite and hes onto a good whiting of 38cms after a couple of minutes first fish landedcb142366-4fa6-8627.jpg

While unhooking his fish dans other rod gets a bite so i grab it and fish is on and playing up nicely on 4 pound braid and 6 pound leader after a couple of minutes anothet whiting landed going 40cms and 650 grams

cb142366-5098-6e4f.jpg

After this fish went quiet for 1 hour then dan hooks up to smallest whiting for the day measuring 36cms cb142366-5119-73a8.jpg

The tide started to get full as darkness fell and bites dropped off i moved further down the beach after 5 minutes felt a hit then was onto another whiting of 40 cms too christian the new outfit i was using cb142366-525d-3aa0.jpg

Decided to call it quits around 8pm as dan was cleaning the fish i got another bite and picked up rod out of the holder to strike and forgot to tighten drag up and got a big birdsnest resulting in losing the fish all in all a good arvos fishingcb142366-5424-3137.jpg

cb142366-5446-a1b8.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

they are strong buggers to catch your whiting did you use berliy as we were waiting for fish to move into our area.apart from drifting in a boat i have not done much whiting fishing.

Edited by hawkesbass

they are strong buggers to catch your whiting did you use berliy as we were waiting for fish to move into our area.apart from drifting in a boat i have not done much whiting fishing.

No, i didn't use burley either. i was fishing pretty shallow and they were hunting as the tide receeded on what washed off the flats. i would set a spread then when i found the fish i would focus on that area.

Guest hawkesbass

well done on the whiting. What rig and bait did you use if you dont mind me asking.keen to have a shot at these fish soon

a simple rig of a size 2 long shank hook with a swivel 2feet above the hook and a size 2 running ball sinker.bait used was live bloodworms.