hawksberry help

Keegz

When camping on the hawksnerry at night at one of those little beaches , what can you catch ?

worth squidding ? or do you just get the bream flathead , odd jew ? just wondering casue i dont wanna be up all night with no point and bored cause im not getting anything , haha cheers

anyyyyyy help would be top thanks

Depends where in the river you mean. some have deep water and structure within casting distance while others are just sand and mud. If you fish diligently with prawns then you should get at least a couple of flatties, catfish and maybe a bream or soapie. I can help a bit more if i know where you are thinking of camping.

I have done a few drifts here with prawns as bait and got flathead to 40cm and whiting to 32cm. It is worht a shot from shore for bream, flathead, whiting and don't right off a jewie. For the jewie i would recommend gettitng some live mullet and putting them out on a 6/0 circle with running ball sinker. If you have a boat then definitely work the oyster farms around here! Lots of bream, flathead and whiting around these oysters with the odd jew taken on plastics in the deeper water off the end of these! Good luck!