Rod / reel $400-500 mainly for kings

dsanchez1982

mate i got the okuma selina 2 16000 and i have caught big kings and tuna and a few sharks with it rate it as good as my stellas and with okuma life time warranty you cant go wrong i got mine serviced a couple of weeks ago they put brand new drag washes made my reel brand new again evan changed my handle to the high speed power nob at no charge

mate i got the okuma selina 2 16000 and i have caught big kings and tuna and a few sharks with it rate it as good as my stellas and with okuma life time warranty you cant go wrong i got mine serviced a couple of weeks ago they put brand new drag washes made my reel brand new again evan changed my handle to the high speed power nob at no charge

Wow, I think im liking Okuma ALOT more

• 2 weeks later...

Personally,

I'd buy the rod first and then match it with the best reel. As they say... the rod fights the fish and the reel is only a line storage device (provided the drag is smooth enough). I recently bought an 8-15kg Wilson live-fibre rod for $200 and my kingfish fishing has dramatically improved! :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey mate I also have the salina II 16000 (high speed) I matched it up with the salina rod 37kg, I use it primarily for jigging but its fine for trolling, it is a great outfit and locked up it will stop a 75cm king dead in it's tracks. I paid 100$ for rod and about 250$ for the reel, for it's price I think it one of the best deals out there plus as mentioned it comes with a lifetime warranty so you can't really go wrong.

Dan.