Tinnie downrigger

mhiley

Hey raiders,

we have a 12ft tinnie, just wandering if it would be at all worth while getting a scotty laketroller downrigger for going around the moorings in areas such as middle harbour??

We've been told not the best idea, but we don't want to spend too much/ we don't have much to spend and thought that we could get away with using it.

Anyone know of any suitable downriggers we could get for less than $200?

Cheers

Mark

Hey raiders,

we have a 12ft tinnie, just wandering if it would be at all worth while getting a scotty laketroller downrigger for going around the moorings in areas such as middle harbour??

We've been told not the best idea, but we don't want to spend too much/ we don't have much to spend and thought that we could get away with using it.

Cheers

Mark

Hey Mark -

I had a Walker Downrigger on a gimbal/pedestal on my old 12ft tinny and it worked a treat!

I found the Walker DR was amazing quality for the money and worked extremely well.. i caught countless kings in botany with it.

I'm thinking of selling mine so pm me if you are interested or what more info!

Cheers

Trung

Hey raiders,

Cheers

Mark

There is nothing wrong with the lake troller, my mate runs 1 on his 12ft tinny no probs.

Check out the Cannon mini troll downrigger. I bought one to run on his tinny when fishing with him and it worked a treat. I like the cannon a bit more due to its line counter (easy to adjust if you can't see the bomb on the sounder) and it's a bit easier to wind.

Cheers.