Livebaiting off the rocks

jamesc5562

hey guys i need some help

iv recently got into livebaiting off the rocks with moderate success in some nice salmon. went out today, got three strikes and every time the bait came straight back out. im shoulder hooking the yakkas, 2metres under the float. when id pull the bait in, it was chomped up but no fish.

is there a better way i can rig my livebait to increase hookup rate. i was thinking two hooks snelled with the bottom hook place under the anal fin? :15:

the stinger hook looks like a good option, thanks! its happened a few times, just the other day hook onto something fairly decent, then bait popped out. :ranting2:

iv seen a few different variations, would you say a treble or light gauge live bait hook would be better

appreciate the help as im new to livebaiting so every trip is a lesson learned at the moment...which is good and bad

Big fish, playing with it and spitting it out again. Try bridle rigging, offset hooks (with the offset pointed up) Like Black Magic KS7/0's, and fishing on rougher days where the fish don't have time to play with it, they've just gotta hit it.

Also, unlike the rest of avoca, hold your rod and be ready all the time, don't just stick it in a crack and hope for the best.