Here I Sit, Broken Hearted

Captain Pugwash

There I was, Sat arvo out on the Pig. Catching dozens of horse size slimey's and yakkas yet again. Couldn't get the baits down past them. This has been the case for a few weeks now but today it didn't matter because tomorrow was Sunday and Praise the Lord I was going wide for the first time ever in search of Tuna. :1clap:

I had been a little worried by the weather but I knew I was going out with two very experienced men. I was starting to wonder why I hadn't heard anything from them by 5pm so I rang one of them. He answers and apologises that he has lost my number and apologies he had to rush off to Melbourne for something but here is the other blokes number.

:05: thinks me and I ring the other bloke. He then tells me that he has heard the weather is going to turn nasty on Sunday and we shouldn't go out! :1badmood:

What The? says I followed by a range of expletives best left off this website. But I calm down and think fair enough as I wouldn't want to be out there if the weather turned nasty. :hitsfan:

And then Praise the Lord turned into Sunday Bloody Sunday!

Woke up Sun morn and looked out the window to see probably the calmest ocean I've seen in the two years I've been fishing in Sydney!!!!!!!! And me sitting there with a cancelled fishing trip due to bad weather? :ranting2: I was broken hearted. I've been looking forward to that trip for so long that I could taste it. :risata:

The bride had already made other plans so I took fellow young Fishraider Gabi out for the day and loaded him up with 40 odd slimeys, yakkas and a solitary trev. He had a helluva day and it helped take my mind off my bitter dissappointment. But whilst sitting at Bluefish whilst catching nothing I couldn't help but stare out to sea wondering what could have been??????????????????

cheers

Pete

Guest Jocool

Tough break mate! Maybe we should round up a posse of Raiders, and get out there while this weather holds. :thumbup:

Tough break mate! Maybe we should round up a posse of Raiders, and get out there while this weather holds. :thumbup:

52406[/snapback]

Now there's an idea Joe,

a few raiders together out on the high seas, how good would that be? :1clap:

i'm in depending on when we organise it.

Cheers

Pete

Gidday peter,

I was also out on Saturday morning and saw you fishing at a favourite spot of mine off quarantine there,I was there on a bit of a mission and was stocking up on some burley and bait for an outwide session that yielded up some good eating fishys.

The black pig is an interesting looking boat ,it looks similar to a water police cat ,is it?,looks pretty sea worthy anyway.

If you are wanting to head a bit wider offshore and would like a bit of comfort in having a friendly boat nearby give me a PM and I should be able to give you a time frame out of Sydney

Cheers

Simon

Gidday peter,

I  was also out on Saturday morning and saw you fishing at  a favourite spot of mine off quarantine there,I was there on a bit of a mission and was stocking up on some burley  and bait for an outwide session that  yielded up some good  eating fishys.

The black pig is an interesting looking boat ,it looks similar to a water police cat ,is it?,looks pretty sea worthy  anyway.

If you are wanting to head a bit wider offshore  and would like a bit of comfort in having a friendly boat nearby give me a PM and I should be able to give you a time frame out of Sydney

Cheers

Simon

52643[/snapback]

Simon,

thanks mate.

Firstly, don't hold back. Fess up on what you got out there so I can really :ranting2: at what happened to my plans. :074:

The translation of interesting looking boat is that yes it's as ugly as sin! :1naughty: Yes mate, it's an ex Navy boat and built like a brick out house. Whilst I'm not experienced on the topic, visitors have suggested that it would be very seaworthy due to it's construction. Certainly has never bothered me going up to Long Reef. 31 foot Noosa cat, twin 200hp Volvo Penta's, stove, fridge, shower, dunny, heaps of fishing room and thanks to a very cool fellow Fishraider it's soon to have an outdoor gas heater if I ever need to overnight! :074::074::074: Good one Joe ya bloody legend. Can't wait to get your big frame out on the Pig so that we can stand on opposite sides and balance the boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as to joining others outside, that would be great. I just don't want to wander that far out without having a damn clue where to go and what to do. It's was bad enough wandering around the Harbour clueless like I used to without travelling all that way!

Cheers

Pete