bream tips

parso81

It depends on what type of fishing you do. I like to fish estuary and ocean rocks. Before you start sit back and watch the sets for about 15 minutes, don't put your self in a dangerous situation.

The set up I use is a 10'6" Mag Bream rod. A 500A Alvey sidecast reel spooled with 12 pound mono (Jarvis Walker from ******) it has good abrasive qualities and very cheap. I use a 1/0 short shank hook Kendal Kirby pattern hook Mustad 4190. For bait I use stripped mullet, no longer than your little finger, the smaller the better. Make sure you have no scales on your bait the hook will not penetrate scales. A special secret (don't tell anybody) is to soak your whole mullet in water a few hours before you intend on using it. The mushier your bait the better. All it has to do is stay on your hook. Make sure you have no scales on your bait the hook will not penetrate scales.To bait your hook pierce your hook through the skin side on the belly end twist your hook and go through the flesh side twist the hook one more time and go through the skin side.

It takes time to master using a sidecaster but keep persisting. I promise you the time will be time well spent. As you develop your skills you will be able to cast into into wind and be able to consistently catch bream even when they pick up your bait and swim towards you. One of the hardest but one of the most important skills to develop is feel your bait. Think about it; if you can feel your bait you will be able to feel the slightest of bites.

Be prepared to lose hooks. As a rule if your not fishing where there is structure you may as well be fishing in the middle the road.

Fish as light as you can sometimes you will have to put a small ball sinker on. If you do use sinker a running sinker.

Target your fish. You will get more fish in the middle of the night than the middle of the day. Fish the structures. Structure includes wave movement.

There are many effective ways to target bream. Plenty of baits (and plastics) to use and many techniques fishos use. Many are effective. Have a go and have a ball.

Mate i love bream fishing using bait.

What i look for mainly in estuaries is rocky shore line with the current pushing up onto and along the rocks ie bends or rock points in the system . For bait i use large baits such as pilchard , mullet or bonito for bait and fish in close to shore most times with a good berley trail.Most fishing is done at NIGHT for my bream and i do very well when they are on . You will be suprised how shallow the water might seem or look sometimes then have a bream come out of nowhere to take your offering , great fun.

Good luck :thumbup::thumbup:

Chris.