Pittwater barrenjoey head on boat

pod

Hi,

A few of us is planning to hit pittwater on a boat hire this Saturday from http://www.barrenjoeyboathire.com/

They have a limit from west head to barrenjoey, cannot cross into opening water.

We chasing all type of fish, mainly targeting kings if there is any.

The issue is sunrise is 5:30 tomorrow and boat hire starts at 6:30, so would like to know if its too late to go for kings after sunrise?

we will get everything ready, once hit out drop squid and yellowtail rig with burly. catch some live bait and try it around barrenjoey head.

If anyone could give out good spots in pittwater would be great, cannot pass points mention above, so cant go to lion island etc unless you can recommend me a different boathire that can :D

I heard scotland island is very good for all types of fishing including kings? worth hanging out around here over barrenjoey?

How do you rig squid for live bait? same as yellowtail? weight or noweight? do you need with float on boat?

Many thanks to answering all these questions, greatly appreciate it :)

Cheers,

Mate head over to westhead and pickup yellowtails the try them at bit further out you may get the odd kingie or salmon (have a few out at different depths, salmon will take them at the surface under a float). look for squid inside the western end of barrenjoey but after this rain they might be hard to fine, look ofr where the seagrass breaks to sand). if the wind is run up or down pittwater try some drift along the drop off along palm beach between the headlands for flathead fresh (fillets) or live yaka should get you hooked up.

Live squid i normally use a snell rig (just put the hooks through the skin..don't go deep or they die very quickly, top of the hood and at the head) and for yaka if they are small i just tail or back from the head pin them, if they are big i use a snell rig.

best of luck

Hey mate,

im a little late but i also regularly hire boats from here. We normally hire them around 7am till 1pm. We basically head out to west head and pick up a dozen yakkas then off to a little spot off Coasters retreat where we tangle with flathead,salmon lost a jewie here too. This time of year you'll get plently off flathed on the livies fished on the bottom. Got a 55cm specimen last time. Scotland island for kings definitely. Kings on the surface at barrenjoey and troll some lures off west head for tailor, salmon and bonnies!